pre-mature Pron? BRPro 43's - HELP needed, final design tweaks on samples (1 Viewer)

Machine

Full House
Supporter
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Greetings, welcome and thank you for ANY input!

This is the Philosophers set. I would very much like your input any and all aspects.

Let me explain the set.
I enjoy various aspects of formal logic and arguments, debates and discourse don't bother me in the slightest. I do wish however some of the core fundamentals of logic were a bit wider known. I wanted to create a talking point around this at the table. I want it to be fun.

Here are the elements of the logical ideals:
Burden of proof / evidence
non definable ideals
knowledge vs belief / historical values
theology this goes significantly deeper but I want to try to not get in the weeds, afraid I may offend someone =D

Denom vs non Denom
I don't want to bring up the argument of denom vs non denom, but I do want to know what / how ppl would incorporate denoms into this set. I am not a fan of writing on the edges (numbers would be a coin flip, no pun intended)
This is a cash game set, and I wouldn't want people who don't know the standard color values to play. If it was a tournament set 99.99999 it would have clear denoms.

I'm in final selection of the chips, without further ado, here they are, if you can recognize the figures please post! I'll post after a few days who they are and the aspects of the images.

White - (Standard 1 USD)
Featured left to right
White chip with a light grey starburst - Solid White chip - light grey with a white starburst.
The difference on the chip is subtle, and the photo skills are lacking.

20210610_152839-01.jpeg

Blue - (non Standard 5 USD)
The work horse, I dislike the color red, so I went with the typical opposing color =D
Obvious orange vs blue border

20210610_153050-01.jpeg

Green - (Standard 25 USD)
Subtle color difference

20210610_153359-01.jpeg

Black - (Standard 100 USD)
Starburst is the difference - it feels like a flash or a glare but the difference is as much, although I do think the starburst version feels faded. The purple looks good in the photo but too dark in person, so I think we are going to go with a pinker version so it 'pops' more.

20210610_153640-01.jpeg

Purple - (Standard 500 USD)
Well there is this .....
This thing is awesome, and again the photo seems a little blurry, the photographer is complete crap!
I can't put into words, its like a Russian doll of awesome inside awesome inside awe... you get it!
20210610_153743-01.jpeg

Okay so please post, if you hate it, tell me how much, if you'd change things, what would you change? where would you put the denoms at? What do you think of blue over red, would you have gone with solid blaze orange or orange for the 5?

What do you think of the art? What elements of formal logic do you see? Who are the figures?

I want to thank Kristil so much, if you've worked with BR Pro on anything, you know how amazing, patient and kind she is.

20210610_153807-01.jpeg

I think the overall feel is too dark, so I think I'm going to change the background to orange hex instead of the charcoal.

Love the theme, hate cartoon graphics.

Feels very Hard Candy like.

Colours are nice.

I like non-denom, but most of the people in my game hate it.

I'm not a fan of the plaque. The hexagon pattern vibes clash with the zombie joker graphic IMO. Sorta like futuristic/fancy and then all of a sudden grunge. A little jarring for me. The chips look good though, I think I agree with your opinions on what needs to be adjusted.

I love philosophy. It was my major. I've considered making a set like this many times but I could never pick any images that I liked enough. I just personally didn't like the idea of putting philosophers' faces on the chips.

For denoms, one possibility would be image on one side, demon on the other.

Love the theme! Graphics are definitely unique and I really like them. But I dislike non-denoms. I think it would have been neat to incorporate a denomination into each philosopher by having them hold it instead of the items of they're holding.

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant, he was very rarely stable
Heidegger, Heidegger was boozy beggar who could think you under the table
David Hume could outconsume Wilhelm Friederich Hegel
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine, he was just as sloshed as Shlegel

There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach 'ya 'bout the raising of the wrist
Socrates himself was permanently pissed

Ohhh......

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will, after half a pint of shandy felt particularly ill
Plato, they say, could stick it away - half a crate of whisky every day
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle, Hobbes was fond of his dram
And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart, "I drink therefore I am"

Now Socrates, himself, was particularly missed
A lovely little thinker but a bugger when he's pissed

White - middle chip

Blue - left chip, although I think the blue is too light, might be hard to distinguish from the white chip.

Green - left chip. The one on the right is Too light.

Black - right chip.

Plaque - I agree the logo on one side doesn't quite fit with the zombie ish graphic on the other side.

Overall very cool idea for a set!

Here is a more detailed description of who and what:

White chip is Blaise Pascal. The father of computers and 'Pascal's wager' which is why he is holding a tray of money.
Blued chip is Socrates. The father of western philosophy dressed up as hipster who knows nothing.
Green chip is Loki and his son. half ice giant and half Nordic God - The trickster represents 'Loki's wager'.
Black chip is Hitchens holding a tea pot. This represents 'Hitchens' razor' and 'Russell's teapot'.

Shout out to @buzzmonkey for getting Hitchens =D

Have an idea to add to the set? let me know!

I knew Socrates. Thought white was maybe Descartes.
I've thought about doing something with solipsism, and bring in elements of The Matrix or Neo / red pill / blue pill

Maybe Descartes holding a blue pill, that would be fun

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom