Poweliks investation, any suggestions? (1 Viewer)

DrStrange

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I contracted a Poweliks infestation on my PC and my antivirus appears helpless in combating it (AVG) I get notices every 60 seconds or so as the antivirus tries to swat it down but AVG is cleatly losing the battle. Any suggestions?

DrStrange

i still thing AVG is good if you customize it right, but i know a lot of folks are going to MSE

+1 for MalwareBytes. I DL the free version and run it from time to time just to be safe.

I installed malwarebytes on my computer 3 years ago and have not had a problem since then. It is only like $15 most of the time for the full version and lifetime updates.

I installed malwarebytes on my computer 3 years ago and have not had a problem since then. It is only like $15 most of the time for the full version and lifetime updates.
I think you get the latest updates with the free version. I thought the pay version gives you other tools for disk cleanup and such. I could be wrong though.

You are probably right. In fact I probably originally used the free version to clean up my PC the last time it got infected with something and then bought the full version afterward for the extras.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom