• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Potential scam (1 Viewer)

Lash

Straight
Reaction score
I paid this guy for chips over a month ago and keep getting the run around. I see a bid on his ad on eBay so i have to tell you guys
D417C9C4-259B-4B59-A473-23336AB94012.png
5C05E7BC-98EF-49EC-B838-693EED0EC830.png

Not yet. I payed him through PayPal with protection then fnf for shipping plus extra chips. But non stop run around for over a month

I’m sure there’s plenty of people from NJ here... maybe work it out with someone nearby to verify the buyer or even take custody and ship? Obviously not ideal but may be a viable solution.

Either way hoping for the best! Let us know how it works out.

I actively have a pcfer nearby who is willing to accept the chips and no dice. He fell through

I had several phone calls with him (I have his number if you want it) and offered to buy his entire lot. Would have been about a 2 hour drive. Every time I was supposed to go meet him in person, something came up. My wife is convinced he doesn't have chips, whereas I was a little more optimistic (I always am - I give people too much credit). After telling me his mom was rushed to the hospital for surgery, I never heard from him again.

Interesting point - he mentioned several times that the "biggest chip collector in Calgary" was a repeat customer and has been snatching up all his chips. Apparently that customer hasn't been getting them.

Proceed with EXTREME caution. If I were @Lash, I'd file a claim with PayPal and get as much money back as I could. I would not bid on his auction or entertain his ads in any way.

Last edited:
If this is the same guy who was posting on here about a large chip collection who was also based in NJ then all of us in NJ agree this is a scam

I had several phone calls with him (I have his number if you want it) and offered to buy his entire lot. Would have been about a 2 hour drive. Every time I was supposed to go meet him in person, something came up. My wife is convinced he doesn't have chips, whereas I was a little more optimistic (I always am - I give people too much credit). After telling me his mom was rushed to the hospital for surgery, I never heard from him again.

Interesting point - he mentioned several times that the "biggest chip collector in Calgary" was a repeat customer and has been snatching up all his chips. Apparently that customer hasn't been getting them.

Proceed with EXTREME caution. If I were @Lash, I'd file a claim with PayPal and get as much money back as I could. I would not bid on his auction or entertain his ads in any way.
Phone #...try reverse 411 and put a little pressure on him.

. Every time I was supposed to go meet him in person, something came up.

Just compare the reasons and timing he both have you... if it doesn’t line up you know he’s bogus and we can... make sure his house never ever ever burns down...

Haha. I wish i was the biggest collector. I have his number and heard the same stories. I do think he has the chips tho. I would ask for specific chips and counts and he would text me pics of them grouped together

@Lash, I spoke with this subject a couple days ago not knowing of your issue with him. He sent me pictures of the same chips he "sold" to you. I asked for additional pictures, and I got the run around. Just an FYI. I hope it works out okay for you.

So i flagged his paypal and hes pissed lol. He told me he’s delivering my chips to a pcfer i have lined up tonight.

I'm betting his mom will suddenly need to go back to the hospital. You'll get the chips if the Giants beat the Eagles tonight. :D

Seriously though, this is why I like to pay for stuff like this with a credit card. Paypal can be a pain to go through a dispute, often ruling in the sellers favor in a situation like this. Dispute it with the credit card and it's a done deal.

I originally tried to get into his warehouse to do an inventory and get the chips to members of our group. He avoided my help but kept trying to have me sell for him. How can I sell if I don’t know his inventory? Strange.
All those that pm me with interest, and I had to let them know I wasn’t going anywhere with this guy. He gave me the same excuse that his mom was in the hospital. He says he’s very busy with a company he owns but this was easy for me to help him and sell to our community but he avoided. Kind of fishy. I eventually dropped contact with him.
@Lash let me know if I can do anything to help. I’m here in New Jersey.

I originally tried to get into his warehouse to do an inventory and get the chips to members of our group. He avoided my help but kept trying to have me sell for him. How can I sell if I don’t know his inventory? Strange.
All those that pm me with interest, and I had to let them know I wasn’t going anywhere with this guy. He gave me the same excuse that his mom was in the hospital. He says he’s very busy with a company he owns but this was easy for me to help him and sell to our community but he avoided. Kind of fishy. I eventually dropped contact with him.
@Lash let me know if I can do anything to help. I’m here in New Jersey.

When I saw these hit eBay I was afraid it was the guy you were dealing with..... :(
Such a shame that he thinks he knows what he’s doing but the ads on eBay are LOL BAD. And so vague yet he wants thousands of dollars :(

If anyone can knock some sense into him, let me know..... :) I’m still looking for 1 particular chip that may be in there......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom