Postal disruption (1 Viewer)

GenghisKhan

Full House
Reaction score
FYI,
I work for the Government of Canada. :eek:
Our building has just learned that our international mail has been returned to us with a tag stating there's an International postal interruption.

There's nothing about this on Canada Post's website or USPS website.

Figured I should share here as some of us are still sending/receiving chips.

We should try to keep up to date on those sites to see if any news pops up today or in the coming days. Perhaps it's getting to be that time to hold on to chips for a bit.

(Don't crycify me. We can still buy chips. Just saying maybe in light of this news the seller and buyer should agree after payment to hold off on shipping for a bit?)

I will let the adults decide for themselves lol.
Happy chipping friends. ;)

Not sure if this is it but:
3AF465A9-92D3-433B-BC53-5662D0780975.png
52419F41-0E7C-4188-AB92-B790AD6529C6.png
3E08EF70-53A2-4708-B5D1-EDFA3CAA4D8B.png

I also just learned from the Norwegian postal service that they are currently not accepting mail to Canada. They accept mail to most (I think all) EU countries, and the US though.

Seems to affect me too. Typically post from the base here in japan is 5~8 business days to anywhere CONUS and had a loaner set take just a tad over two weeks to get to the recipient. It made it, just slower than usual.

Seems to affect me too. Typically post from the base here in japan is 5~8 business days to anywhere CONUS and had a loaner set take just a tad over two weeks to get to the recipient. It made it, just slower than usual.
Customs is slow. There is a website people here use to buy Fournier cards from Spain. Usually it clears customs in a couple of hours. My last set that arrived less than a week ago sat in customs for 8 days.

USPS International shipments seem to be affected for many countries atm with them no longer guaranteeing delivery times. I've had no updates on two small purchases for over 1 and 2 weeks now respectively.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/ser...tial&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=res_to_intl

The Swiss postal service is still running, but also with a reduced capacity atm.

All in all, probably not the best time right now for international chipping purchases.

So, serious offer... If any Euros are planning on getting in on Jim's sale this weekend, I'll accept shipment and hold them to send later. I'll even re-pack before re-shipping, because as great as Jim's sales are, let's be honest, his packing sucks.

You pay to have them shipped to me. When you're ready, you pay actual costs to re-ship to you...

So, serious offer... If any Euros are planning on getting in on Jim's sale this weekend, I'll accept shipment and hold them to send later. I'll even re-pack before re-shipping, because as great as Jim's sales are, let's be honest, his packing sucks.

You pay to have them shipped to me. When you're ready, you pay actual costs to re-ship to you...
Also happy to help in the same fashion with the catch that I will 100% fondle your chips but in a very classy respectful way ;)

I also just learned from the Norwegian postal service that they are currently not accepting mail to Canada. They accept mail to most (I think all) EU countries, and the US though.

Norwegian post office has now started to accept mail to Canada. And most other places. Still a few places that they can't deliver to, and delays are to be expected.

Also happy to help in the same fashion with the catch that I will 100% fondle your chips but in a very classy respectful way ;)

Awesome gesture, gentlemen! It's people like y'all who make the community great!

PS: Just use protection when fondling chips. Who knows where those things have been... :wow: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom