Post label removal question, Milanos (1 Viewer)

cascadiapoker

Two Pair
Reaction score
I have a small tourney set of Milanos that I’m currently in the process of relabeling. I had Gear print some excellent custom labels for me. I have finished removing the old Milano labels and am in the process of clearing off all the old adhesive remnants. Between using some goo gone then ensuring the chip is fully cleaned and goo gone free afterward, it is clear I will need to do a proper oiling again. My question is this:

Should I put the new labels on and then oil, or should I oil first, and then put the labels on after they dry?

My fear is that in the past, I have oiled Milano chips and sometimes the Milano label wrinkled around the edges underneath the laminate, due to oil still being present underneath. I don’t want anything like that to happen to the new Gear labels, but at the same time, I’m afraid if I oil first, then label, the labels might not fully adhere even if the chip seems undoubtedly dry.

Does anyone have insight on this?

@Gear would know best, but I imagine you could just oil the rolling edges and not the faces. If they are handled, it will work its way onto the faces.

You could also punch out circles of painters masking tape to stick on and hold back oil if you want to be more aggressive- but that would be a lot of work.

Wash and oil first, and just make sure the chip face is free of any surface oil. That may require that you thoroughly wipe them down more than once.

Wash and oil first, and just make sure the chip face is free of any surface oil. That may require that you thoroughly wipe them down more than once.

That’s what I’ve been leaning toward, I guess I’m just looking for confirmation that if I’m absolutely sure the chip is dry, there won’t be any issues with the labels not sticking so well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom