Post COVID AFTER EFFECTS ???? (1 Viewer)

RussB42

Flush
Reaction score
I am having some pretty serious after effects from COVID 19.

Got cleared of COVID in late Dec 20, and Mid Jan started having Oxygen Level and Breathing Probs, with my Heart racing up to 125+, OX 89/90 just walking into another room maybe 20-30 feet.

I ended up in the Hospital Sun before last and was released Thursday. Still having Oxygen levels dropping to 90/91 causing very shallow breathing.

Doctor, say many are having bad after effects for COVID, and said toooooo many are ignoring the probs and ending up in the Hospital in worse condition than when they actually had COVID.

REMINDER---DON'T IGNOR THIS ...

We had Covid-19 the last half of December 2020. "mild cold" for symptoms. We lost our sense of taste and smell though. And slept more than normal.

It has been over a month. The loss of taste and smell is less severe with good days and bad days. Still sleeping more than normal - ten hours for me last night rather than the ~eight I normally get.

O2 today was 100%. Heart rate was, perhaps, a little elevated.

We are keeping our eyes open. But so far the only problem we retained was the loss of taste / smell. And even that is getting better.

Good luck -=- DrStrange

I've developed new allergies (or something) because I wake up every morning congested. Has happened ever sense having Covid in August.

Yeah, sounds like about 10% of those who recover from COVID are "long haulers." I'm sorry to hear that you're one of them - hopefully those issues will soon clear up for you.

Hey Russ, different folks are having different effects after recovering from the initial illness - ranging from nothing to severe. Serious conditions such as pulmonary embolism, post-viral myocarditis, and bronchiectasis have higher rates of occurring with COVID and could all explain symptoms similar to ones you have described above - I hope that whatever it may be that you begin to feel better. It sounds like you have a good relationship with your provider, which often makes a huge difference!

Take care

My wife had Covid last Dec. 2019. The doctor's couldn't definitively say that she had it because of lack of testing and knowledge at that time but they told us off the record that she had all the tell-tale signs of the virus. She was sick for 3-4 months and when I finally said enough was enough and took her to the ER, she was in pretty rough shape. She needed 2 separate blood transfusions and 2 iron infusions. They said they could see exactly how the virus was strangling her lungs from the inside. Nasty shit and it took her awhile before feeling "normal" again.

Fast forward till just recently and she started feeling weak again. She couldn't even walk up a modest hill without losing her breath. She is going back this Friday to get her 4th iron infusion. This thing definitely has lasting effects on some. The only pre-existing condition that my wife had was childhood asthma (from her parents smoking).

Russ, Dr., Craig, et al. stay safe and hoping for the best for you guys. Don't rush into anything and just keep monitoring things for a bit.

So sorry to hear about your wife Alan - it's so tough for everyone who has been affected....which at this point is so many people. Keeping everyone on here going through tough times in my thoughts

• Love
Reactions: 72o
You need more beer. It's the only answer.
If Craig drinks more beer, he's going to end up looking like Violet from Willy Wonka.
1612383855617.png

:tdown:

No raise hand emoji, but I'm in the long haul category.

The first day I got sick was August 9th. My symptoms included shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, extreme fatigue, and muscle aches. I never lost my sense or taste/smell or didn't get a fever. As recently as Sunday, I still am getting a once in a blue moon irregular heartbeat. It starts and goes at random and could be a day or two apart, or could be weeks apart. In addition, I seem to have developed an exercise intolerance because I still don't have 100% of my lung capacity. Any sort of heavy lifting, running, etc. brings back that "covid feeling." Literally can't describe it better than that because its unlike anything else I've ever had. Overall, its awful. For reference, prior to this I was a healthy 35 year old who ran/lifted 4-5 times a week.

I'm in a text messaging group of about 30 poker players between 25-45 years old. Out of that group about 7-8 tested positive last year and the most recent one spent 2 weeks in the hospital. From the positive cases 3 others still are having long term symptoms. The longest is at a full year of symptoms. All like me were healthy prior. We just had a #covidpositivecheckin on Sunday. All of us shared the same story. We still are sick, no one we tell believes us, and that its in our heads.

:tdown:

No raise hand emoji, but I'm in the long haul category.

The first day I got sick was August 9th. My symptoms included shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, extreme fatigue, and muscle aches. I never lost my sense or taste/smell or didn't get a fever. As recently as Sunday, I still am getting a once in a blue moon irregular heartbeat. It starts and goes at random and could be a day or two apart, or could be weeks apart. In addition, I seem to have developed an exercise intolerance because I still don't have 100% of my lung capacity. Any sort of heavy lifting, running, etc. brings back that "covid feeling." Literally can't describe it better than that because its unlike anything else I've ever had. Overall, its awful. For reference, prior to this I was a healthy 35 year old who ran/lifted 4-5 times a week.

I'm in a text messaging group of about 30 poker players between 25-45 years old. Out of that group about 7-8 tested positive last year and the most recent one spent 2 weeks in the hospital. From the positive cases 3 others still are having long term symptoms. The longest is at a full year of symptoms. All like me were healthy prior. We just had a #covidpositivecheckin on Sunday. All of us shared the same story. We still are sick, no one we tell believes us, and that its in our heads.

Guess I should post an update!

In February I was administered dose #1 of Pfizer, it brought back a lot more severe symptoms for about 4-5 days. I waited things out and went to get dose #2. Within about 5 days, any long haul symptoms I was having were gone. :oops:

Literally a miracle.

I still to this day cannot believe that out of thin air everything was gone. I'm a huge believer in Pfizer now! Overall, I'm back to running a couple of times a week and more importantly I can run around with my kids in the backyard again. Beyond that, I can tell the toll it took on my body as I'm in a lot worse physical condition then I was a year ago. It's alright though, I can breathe, don't have irregular heartbeats, and have more energy back so I'll get back to where I was at somepoint.

Even without this news I've had a year that most people would kill for. As we say in my house, it's been coming up Milhouse! I got promoted (2nd time in under a year), got a massive raise, sold a house over asking, and negotiated buying a house under asking price in this insane market. The best part of all of it though was the change in my health. I've realized how important it is and how fast it can change.

Have not had covid, but am fully vaccinated. I've never had headaches on a regular basis, but I have them daily now for several hours a time. These symptoms only started after the vaccination

We have had both parts of our vaccine, Moderna, two months ago. No side effects on either shot. I guess our immune systems were primed by fighting Covid19 last Christmas

Our sense of taste / smell is still impaired. Sometimes quite seriously - I am over reacting to sweet and salt ( bacon is fired salt to me ). My wife can't taste much but everything smells all the same and burned. Dog food, coffee, eggs, everything. It has been five months and counting . . . . .

Sure we only had a drippy nose during covid19 but long term loss of taste / smell is surprisingly debilitating.

DrStrange

Have not had covid, but am fully vaccinated. I've never had headaches on a regular basis, but I have them daily now for several hours a time. These symptoms only started after the vaccination
do you live close to a 5G tower? could explain your magnetic personality as weLL

We have had both parts of our vaccine, Moderna, two months ago. No side effects on either shot. I guess our immune systems were primed by fighting Covid19 last Christmas

Our sense of taste / smell is still impaired. Sometimes quite seriously - I am over reacting to sweet and salt ( bacon is fired salt to me ). My wife can't taste much but everything smells all the same and burned. Dog food, coffee, eggs, everything. It has been five months and counting . . . . .

Sure we only had a drippy nose during covid19 but long term loss of taste / smell is surprisingly debilitating.

DrStrange
Scott I had Covid in late September 2020... the bad version, damn near killed my ass! Totally back to normal except the same thing, my sense of taste was gone for over a month and even now it is still far from normal. Brie and I cover everything with hot sauce anyways but it would be nice to fully taste things again someday.

Guess I should post an update!

In February I was administered dose #1 of Pfizer, it brought back a lot more severe symptoms for about 4-5 days. I waited things out and went to get dose #2. Within about 5 days, any long haul symptoms I was having were gone. :oops:

Literally a miracle.

I still to this day cannot believe that out of thin air everything was gone. I'm a huge believer in Pfizer now! Overall, I'm back to running a couple of times a week and more importantly I can run around with my kids in the backyard again. Beyond that, I can tell the toll it took on my body as I'm in a lot worse physical condition then I was a year ago. It's alright though, I can breathe, don't have irregular heartbeats, and have more energy back so I'll get back to where I was at somepoint.

Even without this news I've had a year that most people would kill for. As we say in my house, it's been coming up Milhouse! I got promoted (2nd time in under a year), got a massive raise, sold a house over asking, and negotiated buying a house under asking price in this insane market. The best part of all of it though was the change in my health. I've realized how important it is and how fast it can change.
I’ve read a few articles documenting this effect. Glad it worked for you!

Thankfully I’ve had none. Fortunately, everyone I’ve spoken to that I know have also reported no ill effects.

Scott I had Covid in late September 2020... the bad version, damn near killed my ass! Totally back to normal except the same thing, my sense of taste was gone for over a month and even now it is still far from normal. Brie and I cover everything with hot sauce anyways but it would be nice to fully taste things again someday.
Have you tried retraining your sense of smell?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom