Post a picture of your most recent purchase....(not poker chips) (11 Viewers)

Had a leak last August from my dishwasher. We were extremely fortunate to have the ins pay. They covered the cost for new flooring for all of the downstairs plus new high grade quartz counter tops because the old ones had to be ripped out. I could not stand the idea of throwing away over $15-20k of quartz. That said, I had my contractor CAREFULLY take out the old quartz and I sat on it for awhile. I set up a side deal with the counter top guy (my $$ not the ins) to cut and install the old quartz in all 3 of my bathrooms. The final room was installed today. Just waiting on plumbing!

20200827_175432.jpg

Great looking countertops in the bathrooms, sir!
We were extremely fortunate to have the ins pay.

You were extremely fortunate, but not for the reasons you say.

You paid for the insurance. The insurance company didn't do you any favors replacing what they did. I've read lots of homeowners insurance policies over the years... they've all been from my state, but I can't imagine they vary too much from state to state. But in my experience, the insurance company paid you exactly what you were owed. You were just lucky you got an adjuster that did his job.

And FTR, once the insurance company replaces the countertop, the old one is theirs. They should've taken it, or deducted an amount (salvage value) to let you keep it. You got lucky there.

Extremely fortunate indeed.

Finally my 2nd TeleVue purchase!!! Nothing else compares!

However, have to say I definitely feel like buying/selling here on PCF (opposed to the astro forum) is a FAR superior interaction!! So, thanks PCFers!! :tup:
D80AA726-EB2E-492F-9A00-0A66676DD0EE.jpeg

I've been hitting the range and some par 3's lately in my pursuit of not being an awful golf player. I've been a couch potatoe during quarantine and needed physical activity and this has been a good start for me. Bought a nice kit for home to hit a few balls everyday and work on my swing.

Stratas.jpg

Net.jpg
DuraPro.JPG

Just scored a Shibumi Shade. Can't wait to get it out on the Outer Banks next month with my Jeep, cooler and fishing rods. Weighs less than 4 lbs and is very compact. Only needs like 3 mph wind to get it going.

1599146700789.png

1599146743322.png

They are very hard to find. When a site puts them up for sale, you have minutes to check out (although you can preorder now). Luckily, I've experienced Chip Room Sales and was way ahead of the amateurs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom