Post a picture of your most recent purchase....(not poker chips) (7 Viewers)

Thats a great looking machine. For some dumb reason I really want to build around an i9-10900k with a 2080 TI graphics card lol. The price is sky high but I really want top of the line.
One thing I learned over the years .............. A synthetic benchmark monster is never worth what you paid for it.

Electronics advanced so quickly. Unless you have a need for the power that is being offered with the i9 and 2080 I would instead plan to upgrade more often as that'll give you much more usability for the money. You definitely pay a high premium for that last extra amount of power and throughput.

Thats a great looking machine. For some dumb reason I really want to build around an i9-10900k with a 2080 TI graphics card lol. The price is sky high but I really want top of the line.
If you want top of the line, nowadays, go AMD instead of intel. Cheaper and better.

If you want top of the line, nowadays, go AMD instead of intel. Cheaper and better.
Yeah I've read up quite a bit. Still seems the 10th gen i9 is the king though. Although AMD is right there and cheaper as you said.

One thing I learned over the years .............. A synthetic benchmark monster is never worth what you paid for it.
Electronics advanced so quickly. Unless you have a need for the power that is being offered with the i9 and 2080 I would instead plan to upgrade more often as that'll give you much more usability for the money. You definitely pay a high premium for that last extra amount of power and throughput.
I get you guys completely. I definitely won't be using the machines max output but I just want it lol. Primarily ill just be running 4k games at as many frames per second thats possible.

Yeah I've read up quite a bit. Still seems the 10th gen i9 is the king though. Although AMD is right there and cheaper as you said.
For gaming definitely go AMD. Your 10900k supports PCI 3.0. A Ryzen 3700X on a X570 board is cheaper (by a lot) and supports PCI 4.0. The extra speed in the PCI bridge will be helpful for the video card using it.

For gaming definitely go AMD. Your 10900k supports PCI 3.0. A Ryzen 3700X on a X570 board is cheaper (by a lot) and supports PCI 4.0. The extra speed in the PCI bridge will be helpful for the video card using it.
Wow this is an excellent point. Sheesh man I hope you know that I'm going to be in your inbox bothering you a lot now :D

Wow this is an excellent point. Sheesh man I hope you know that I'm going to be in your inbox bothering you a lot now :D
Bring it on man - all I am doing is collecting unemployment sitting on my butt for a while (when your plant makes the pipe to line oil wells and oil is selling this low, you collect unemployment)

Bring it on man - all I am doing is collecting unemployment sitting on my butt for a while (when your plant makes the pipe to line oil wells and oil is selling this low, you collect unemployment)
I love the comment because I appreciate your help, but I am sorry to hear about the work and hope that improves :). Ill be pm'ing you later today, we have much to discuss!

I love the comment because I appreciate your help, but I am sorry to hear about the work and hope that improves :). Ill be pm'ing you later today, we have much to discuss!
Don't worry about it man - it happens from time to time. With how little actual work I do there and how much per hour they pay for that little work, the occasional burst of unemployment is just a paid vacation.

prodotti_immagini_immagine_122.jpg
prodotti_immagini_immagine_555.jpg

I haven't been on PCF much the last week, and I have some outstanding messages regarding 3D3P stuff, but this is the reason why:

IMG_20200820_142240658_HDR.jpg

My kids started school today with 2 weeks online, and we had to get my daughter's room fixed up so she had a place to do schoolwork. I love our house, but it has tiny bedrooms (hers is about 9'x10'), and she didn't have room for a desk. So it was time to get her a loft bed with a desk underneath so she could work on her Chromebook. That's the 7 boxes of fun in the picture above. And while we're at it, she wanted to paint the room purple since we hadn't redecorated since she was born.

This was her room a week ago:

IMG_20200815_193749210.jpg

Then we stripped the wallpaper, primered the walls, painted the ceiling white, painted the walls purple, and recoated all the trim in white again. Every night I was staying up late painting (and trying to watch the Blues hockey games too because I'm a glutton for punishment). On Saturday we put the bed together, and yesterday we assembled the closet organizer (still missing a drawer).

IMG_20200823_203323735.jpg

IMG_20200823_203342658.jpg

Still have some finishing touches to work on, but she's pretty happy.

I haven't been on PCF much the last week, and I have some outstanding messages regarding 3D3P stuff, but this is the reason why:

View attachment 519227

My kids started school today with 2 weeks online, and we had to get my daughter's room fixed up so she had a place to do schoolwork. I love our house, but it has tiny bedrooms (hers is about 9'x10'), and she didn't have room for a desk. So it was time to get her a loft bed with a desk underneath so she could work on her Chromebook. That's the 7 boxes of fun in the picture above. And while we're at it, she wanted to paint the room purple since we hadn't redecorated since she was born.

This was her room a week ago:

View attachment 519231

Then we stripped the wallpaper, primered the walls, painted the ceiling white, painted the walls purple, and recoated all the trim in white again. Every night I was staying up late painting (and trying to watch the Blues hockey games too because I'm a glutton for punishment). On Saturday we put the bed together, and yesterday we assembled the closet organizer (still missing a drawer).

View attachment 519232
View attachment 519233

Still have some finishing touches to work on, but she's pretty happy.
Good work, dad!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom