Post a picture of your most recent purchase....(not poker chips) (9 Viewers)

@k9dr k9chipmobdr!

Not me :x

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 12.58.40 PM.png

Looks like a 1.5/3 drop?
Think it’s just the angle. This was the dealer photo. It has been raining too hard here in ATL to get any good pics the past day. My explorer had over 236,700 miles on it and things just kept going wrong with it. The latest was a pretty significant leak which was pouring some water on me when I cornered. That was the last straw.

Got a great deal on this new 2019 f150 Xlt. About 30% off of sticker after all the rebates.

Think it’s just the angle. This was the dealer photo. It has been raining too hard here in ATL to get any good pics the past day. My explorer had over 236,700 miles on it and things just kept going wrong with it. The latest was a pretty significant leak which was pouring some water on me when I cornered. That was the last straw.

Got a great deal on this new 2019 f150 Xlt. About 30% off of sticker after all the rebates.
I love my 18 quad cab. Lease is up shortly so I think I'll go white this time around. Thinking about putting a Ford Performance 1.5/3 drop on it.

Let's be honest for a minute... Zombies are coming! To put your head in the sand and think otherwise just puts you at the front of the food chain when the inevitable happens!

Now I deal with A LOT of people on a daily basis and without stating the obvious... when the Zombie Apocalypse does descend upon us I'm going to make it just fine through the first several waves without the necessary Zombie Killing Tools... for awhile! (There are A LOT of stupid people out there just begging to be eaten first! ... oh damn, I said it!)

So for the last several years I've been looking for a Zombie Slay'n Blade ... I've watched Walking Dead so I had some good guidance... but until a little over a year ago I just hadn't found the right Blade Maker! But FIND him I DID!

Christmas arrived just a bit late but on January 2nd I received the ultimate for Zombie Slay'n!

Until the Apocalypse makes an appearance I plan on using this for chopping up kindling and such when we are out and about! Or just being an intimidating MOFO at the truck stops! (Good God I'm making excuses for buying this thing to a group who spend thousands and thousands on poker chips!)

(Don't worry @Poker Zombie and @Mrs Poker Zombie you're the nicest zombies and I'm glad to call you friends! ... I'll just be waiting for the mean ones to show up! Never you fret!)

Having watched several of his amazing videos on YouTube, I sent an email asking if Freerk Wieringa, an extremely talented blacksmith out of the Netherlands, would be willing to make me a Khukuri blade and he agreed! 13 months later it arrived!

Due to my recent binge watch of Game of Thrones and my, now understandable, fear of White Walkers, I asked Freerk if he would make it out of Valyrian Steel... he said, well, that's actually Damascus Steel but yes. Good because I wanted @k9dr to know that I could deal with any White Walkers that make an appearance at his meet up! (although he IS a White Walker when he's sitting next to me at a poker table!)

Not to worry! I won't be taking my "knife" to a gunfight either... mainly because there won't be a Shootout at the Post this year! @Mr Tree (but I'm over that! Not really!)

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year to everyone!

Hope you enjoy!!!

This video link is of the actual blade that he made for me which I thought was pretty cool.

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

Let's be honest for a minute... Zombies are coming! To put your head in the sand and think otherwise just puts you at the front of the food chain when the inevitable happens!

Now I deal with A LOT of people on a daily basis and without stating the obvious... when the Zombie Apocalypse does descend upon us I'm going to make it just fine through the first several waves without the necessary Zombie Killing Tools... for awhile! (There are A LOT of stupid people out there just begging to be eaten first! ... oh damn, I said it!)

So for the last several years I've been looking for a Zombie Slay'n Blade ... I've watched Walking Dead so I had some good guidance... but until a little over a year ago I just hadn't found the right Blade Maker! But FIND him I DID!

Christmas arrived just a bit late but on January 2nd I received the ultimate for Zombie Slay'n!

Until the Apocalypse makes an appearance I plan on using this for chopping up kindling and such when we are out and about! Or just being an intimidating MOFO at the truck stops! (Good God I'm making excuses for buying this thing to a group who spend thousands and thousands on poker chips!)

(Don't worry @Poker Zombie and @Mrs Poker Zombie you're the nicest zombies and I'm glad to call you friends! ... I'll just be waiting for the mean ones to show up! Never you fret!)

Having watched several of his amazing videos on YouTube, I sent an email asking if Freerk Wieringa, an extremely talented blacksmith out of the Netherlands, would be willing to make me a Khukuri blade and he agreed! 13 months later it arrived!

Due to my recent binge watch of Game of Thrones and my, now understandable, fear of White Walkers, I asked Freerk if he would make it out of Valyrian Steel... he said, well, that's actually Damascus Steel but yes. Good because I wanted @k9dr to know that I could deal with any White Walkers that make an appearance at his meet up! (although he IS a White Walker when he's sitting next to me at a poker table!)

Not to worry! I won't be taking my "knife" to a gunfight either... mainly because there won't be a Shootout at the Post this year! @Mr Tree (but I'm over that! Not really!)

Hope you enjoy!!!

This video link is of the actual blade that he made for me which I thought was pretty cool.

View attachment 387785
View attachment 387786
View attachment 387787
View attachment 387788
View attachment 387789
View attachment 387790
View attachment 387791

Being nosy and you can tell me to keep it to myself but what would the cost of something like this be?

Being nosy and you can tell me to keep it to myself but what would the cost of something like this be?
It wasn’t cheap... but I view it like I do CPC poker chips... sometimes you just look at the amount of time, effort, artistry that goes into making something and say, I simply HAVE to have that! If you do or already have viewed the entire video you just come away with an amazing appreciation of his work. He has a fairly recent video where he makes a lions head as a part of the handle... it’s incredible.
When I agreed to the price I looked at it as art... one of a kind... priceless. Not an answer but encourage you to contact him if you are interested after you determine what you want him to make.

Hope you enjoy!!!

View attachment 387785
View attachment 387786
View attachment 387787
View attachment 387788
View attachment 387789
View attachment 387790
View attachment 387791
Stunning. Thanks for sharing. Have fun with that beautiful piece of artwork and engineering.

Wife says we need a place to sit. But we have couches and chairs coming, what if I get a bean bag? Sure hon, sounds great.

Queue French delivery guy cussing or laughing, not sure, as we carry in 20 of these boxes.
0C889D8D-C0A4-4461-923E-FAF86901FB9B.jpeg

Hope you enjoy!!!

View attachment 387785
View attachment 387786
View attachment 387787
View attachment 387788
View attachment 387789
View attachment 387790
View attachment 387791
Thanks for sharing that, I love watching blacksmithing videos. That's a great home protector right there!

Hope you enjoy!!!

View attachment 387785
View attachment 387786
View attachment 387787
View attachment 387788
View attachment 387789
View attachment 387790
View attachment 387791
Doesnt beat my 4' piece of half inch rebar sharpened at one end with an athletic tape handle at the other...I can afford to outfit the whole crew for $30 and nobody needs to get in close.

Galaga is easily my favorite game. But I've been having fun with some other oldies but goodies too -- Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Tempest, Tron, Ms. Pac Man -- I think those are my next tier of favorites :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom