Post a picture of your most recent purchase....(not poker chips) (8 Viewers)

The wife had no idea what to get me for Christmas and I had bought her a bunch of stuff already that she wanted plus she bought herself a bag. She said just buy something you want. I just got offered a new job this week so I decided to splurge on a frivolous Christmas gift for myself. So I saw this at Walmart and thought this would be cool for my basement. These 1up arcade machines don’t take up a lot of room and are good if you want an arcade machine in your house and don’t have that much space. It’s pretty easy to assemble. Besides I want to get a Super Chexx for my basement in 2019 which will take a bunch of room.
7E27EB19-3856-4206-9968-57D066AA8DFD.jpeg

Last edited:
Off work for the holidays now.

Below is my project for today....

583B2F4F-ED06-4BE1-9F64-D2DBD08D8FF7.jpeg

Replacing my old beast of a desk.

Posted this in another thread, but our stained glass door inserts (for the poker room doors at our new house) just got finished. Doors are 8 footers, and the inserts are about 2/3rds the full door fo scale.

20181219_151603.jpg
20181219_151551.jpg

The wife had no idea what to get me for Christmas and I had bought her a bunch of stuff already that she wanted plus she bought herself a bag. She said just buy something you want. I just got offered a new job this week so I decided to splurge on a frivolous Christmas gift for myself. So I saw this at Walmart and thought this would be cool for my basement. These 1up arcade machines don’t take up a lot of room and are good if you want an arcade machine in your house and don’t have that much space. It’s pretty easy to assemble. Besides I want to get a Super Chexx for my basement in 2019 which will take a bunch of room. View attachment 229342

How is it? I have heard mixed reviews on them with the quality of the artwork wearing off, but the quality of the game play pretty good. I've thought about getting the version with Rampage.

How is it? I have heard mixed reviews on them with the quality of the artwork wearing off, but the quality of the game play pretty good. I've thought about getting the version with Rampage.
Just had it for one day and set it up last night. Pretty easy setup I thought. Quality seems ok. Game play is like the original arcade. We’ll have to see if the unit lasts. You’ll need to get used to the fact if two people are playing the unit is smaller in width.

I need one

It's really nice, I've been using an inexpensive Ryobi miter saw that's served me very well for almost 10 years, mostly for framing type of work. But I wanted to upgrade to a sliding miter to both cut larger stock and have more adjustment control to make more precise cuts for working on my bar project. They added an LED lighting system that works to cast a shadow of the blade of the miter saw onto the work surface, so you see exactly where the full blade width will cut the piece. Much nicer than the lasers they used to have on them.

Awesome sliding compound miter, I highly recommend the rigid miter saw stand... Picture coming of mine on it. It's amazing. I can store mine in the basement and go up stairs with no issues.

How many do you have now?

I had 9 at one point. :bag: Ended up with 4 now that they have a permanent home on slot stands in my poker room.
I kept one of each model of the newer style machines. I just install different games on them. Probably have about 70 games for all 4 machines.

Probably have about 70 games for all 4 machines.

Perhaps better suited for SMF, but do you do like slots tournaments or slots nights? How easy is it to swap out a game? Can you configure the payouts and all that stuff? I'm just spitballing here. This is amazing.

Perhaps better suited for SMF, but do you do like slots tournaments or slots nights? How easy is it to swap out a game? Can you configure the payouts and all that stuff? I'm just spitballing here. This is amazing.

I could do slot tourneys and have the machines enable and disable themselves after a set amount of time with the 3rd party addon module that I installed in all of the machines. You can control the machines with an app too. Mute the volume, disable it, add credits, setup a tourney, set the text on the cash out tickets, etc. I really don't use the app anymore. I just made a bunch of $100 cash out vouchers and empty the bill boxes when I run out of them. You can re-use them over and over. They are just like cash.

Swapping a game is fairly easy once you understand the routine. The machines run on Linux.
Here is the game install screen when swapping games on this machine. After its done, you reboot the machine and you go through the setup process.

Some of the newer games I just got require some additional steps to get working because they are made to run on the newer Bally Wave cabinets in banks of 4+ machines.

You can configure the payouts, credits, progressives, etc..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom