Post a picture of your most recent purchase....(not poker chips) (11 Viewers)

Just picked up after 2.5 years of waiting...

View attachment 203246

Nice!

Here's mine:

IMG_20180824_161033.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180824_152930.jpg
    IMG_20180824_152930.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 81
Purchased this...

What you're looking at is the Trek World Headquarters in Waterloo, WI.

I did NOT purchase Trek's world HQ. I did however, purchase this ebike.

It's actually a work related purchase, as I'm teaching at a bicycle conference in April next year, and my workshops relate to ebikes. Figured I probably should have one (so did Trek). :)
That looks awesome! I owned a crappy Currie eZip a few years ago, and that was enough to learn that electric bikes could be awesome but that one was pretty lame overall. I've almost pulled the trigger several times on a conversion kit, but I don't really have a reason for one any more. When my commute was about 20 miles each way it made more sense. Now it's only 8, and I just ride it with my regular bike when I can.

A few years ago I did a small job for Optibike and walked through their factory/store in Boulder, CO. The prices on those bikes are insane.

I think an electric recumbent trike would be a ton of fun in the mountains here, like this:

That looks awesome! I owned a crappy Currie eZip a few years ago, and that was enough to learn that electric bikes could be awesome but that one was pretty lame overall. I've almost pulled the trigger several times on a conversion kit, but I don't really have a reason for one any more. When my commute was about 20 miles each way it made more sense. Now it's only 8, and I just ride it with my regular bike when I can.

A few years ago I did a small job for Optibike and walked through their factory/store in Boulder, CO. The prices on those bikes are insane.

I think an electric recumbent trike would be a ton of fun in the mountains here, like this:

The version I snagged from Trek retails in the 4K range. I know their super commuter runs 5k. I got the “you helped design it” discount. But it was still enough for the wife to take pause (and look at me sideways).

I just rode it into work today. 12 mile ride which by car is 23 minutes each way. On the bike it took me 35 minutes. I still built up a sweat and got my HR up, but I felt great. Such a good way to start my day.

My trip home is bound to reap bigger bennies... traffic is normally stop and go and even regular bikes pass cars routinely in busy parts of town.

Fanny pack would be interesting for CC... I think I'll stick with IWB.

Most recent purchase was a Fire Stick, but that's boring. Just bought the wife a Corsair RGB keyboard last week which is a little more fun. I've had a black one for a couple years and it's great, but the silver/white combo really stands out.

23-816-120-v09.jpg

Whereas I am very much the opposite.

Well, except for the fanny pack part.
Different strokes for different folks. At least we can find some common ground;)

How about some cow pron :

20181101_171031.jpg

While she's not a recent purchase, this one is fairly recent
20181101_171625.jpg

Just came across a really awesome art gallery in Kata Beach, Thailand.
Bought these two canvas oil paintings. The elephant is for the Motswari themed poker room I’m building. The other one for the living room.
2AF6DD6D-4382-483E-8363-B8557C179EF1.jpeg

8AA7F39B-9187-46E1-B5F1-C0386B6612D5.jpeg

I might have to go back and buy one of these ones, because they match so perfectly with my inlays and felt. What do you reckon @p5woody
4AAD13AF-86E4-4FE6-8BE5-41799E425029.jpeg

671CBF2B-F97F-4372-B520-828FB3B73E0B.jpeg

New Polk center speaker for the home theater setup, upgrading the basic but very serviceable monoprice surround setup I have. Took a bit to balance but its amazing the difference a decent center speaker makes.

20181208_141012.jpg
20181208_141026.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom