Post a picture of your most recent purchase....(not poker chips) (10 Viewers)

I take great pictures .... here's a 5k PCF chip that I am proud to have taken
pcf_chip.jpg

Testing out my new photo light box studio thingy....

My pics still suck. LOL
To get a lightbox to work, you need very bright lights to compensate for the diffusive losses from the box. If using regular bulbs, I would say at a bare minimum 100w each on right, left and top. But since you have a light box, they can be regular bulbs and nothing fancy.

850 "Double Trapezoid" blanks for a @Gear labeled tournament set. I have washed 200 of them so far with Dawn & warm water:
1533259903750.png

edit: GRRRR! I had an MS attack and the treatment to recover feeling in my legs and hands the neurologist proscribed three daily 1000mg IV infusion of methylprednisalone so I now have a line for the next 3 days on my hand. Pause on chip washing. :(

1533273194041.png

Last edited:
In the middle of a kitchen reno, and my only request was to have a natural gas stove and line run for the BBQ. They ran it, and my Broil King BBQ couldn't be converted to natural gas. Oh well...

View attachment 190831

When they come to hook up the gas stove in the kitchen this week, this will also get hooked up.

Top of the line! Nice!

Top of the line! Nice!

Thanks. I've been working my way up in quality over the years. After having the bottom literally melt out of the bottom of a cheap one (there's a pile of molten metal on the patio stones of my previous house...), I'll never purchase a cheap one again. I love my 12-yr old Broil King, but wanted a side burner and no rotisserie. They didn't offer a model that would fit my space. Napoleon did, so it followed me home. Still waiting on the hookup, though. Gas guys should now be here sometime this week...can't wait.

After you’ve had a piped gas barbecue, you will never go back to propane. They’re so convenient and you use them more because you don’t worry about having enough fuel and piped gas is super cheap. Cleaning is so easy - just leave it on and everything burn off.

Was thinking about taking a class just to learn the basics.
Great idea - you can also find a local meet up group who take trips to places to take photos.

If you're a complete beginner, "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson is a good start.

"The Photographer's Eye" by Michael Freeman is great book about composition.

Thanks to a sprained MCL during my beer league hockey game last Thursday, I got to pick up this bad boy today. Its been one afternoon and I already can't stand it.
20180813_163349 (1).jpg

basement floor plan.png

Here is the preliminary basement drawing for my new house. The cold storage at the top left will actually be wide open. We are doing floor trusses, so the columns will be removed. We are doing 8'10" foundation walls, so I'll have full height ceilings. It will be a daylight basement with a "dog house" walk in with 4 steps and french doors, and plenty of windows along the top (back of house) 70' wall, the cold storage at the bottom of the plan is under the front porch and will have a vault door on it for secure chip storage. The lower left nook will be a full bathroom, and the area right above the unexcavated area will be a kitchen. This will be a roughly 2400 sf poker room/rehearsal space/man cave. We are doing the non-refundable deposit next week. Move in date should be late april. We start modifying plans after the deposit goes in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom