Post a picture of your most recent purchase....(not poker chips) (9 Viewers)

IMG_2698.JPG

Finally broke down and upgraded from 1st gen Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 VR lens to the latest 3rd gen... Getting ready for South Africa Safari this summer...wife will use this lens.

70-200 b 2018 02 23.jpg

70-200 c 2018 02 23.jpg

70-200 d 2018 02 23.jpg

When not hunting, I'll use my trusty 200-400mm (cell phone photo)...
200-400 2018 02 23.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! 214?

No John, it's a GS Mini, I got off eBay UK it's an absolute minter & I paid $490 with the Taylor excellent gig bag, but I'll prolly get an
hard case soon. I recomend the GS for sure.
I'm liking your strat you posted, what do they call that colour? Very cool indeed...I haven't owned a strat in a while & has got me thinking,,,:)

I very rarely buy new guitars there's just no sense in it & your more likely get your money back or more if you decide to sell on ;)

OOps that was mean't to be a reply to John's studio post, duhh :D

This bag is almost as old as me, and is a bit beat up, but I love it.

brown attache.JPG

That's a beauty. I'm too lazy to deal with buckles, which is probably +EV in the long run because there are some amazing work bags in that style.

There's something about an old American-made bag that appeals to me more than a lot of the new, fancy offerings manufactured overseas and sold for a small fortune by some of the big name fashion houses.

That's a beauty. I'm too lazy to deal with buckles, which is probably +EV in the long run because there are some amazing work bags in that style.

There's something about an old American-made bag that appeals to me more than a lot of the new, fancy offerings manufactured overseas and sold for a small fortune by some of the big name fashion houses.
I love buckles but do not like dealing with them so snaps are my friend! It looks like buckle up but is actually a snap close briefcase. If you look at the top of the buckles, the dark circles are where the snaps are.
One other thing is, if you love leather there is nothing like the King Ranch Saddle Shop leather. Go check out their briefcases. They have some nice stuff!king ranch
http://www.krsaddleshop.com/subcategory/Briefcases
Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 1.16.18 PM.png

Last edited:
E and C hotstamps. Just arrived today. I love how this mold looks and feels.

0314505F-1049-42B1-954E-74CF127ED4F5.jpeg
0920708F-C052-489C-9CF2-546EC2E7AA5B.jpeg
ABD2CC68-B5CF-4DEE-B348-312081CEB777.jpeg
3B3D1E6F-0AB3-4D2F-A65F-59709130A4E3.jpeg
DE09940E-01F8-4D91-B5D8-F97BC7EFE5C3.jpeg
25FEAF0E-96EB-4B61-A440-BBF24924F333.jpeg
496C7EE6-C6A2-447A-8025-BDDBFBF3A611.jpeg
B7C68BBB-5A3E-4B1C-B898-9D09EE2BF077.jpeg

The goal is to use this as a traveling cash set. I have a couple ‘spensive sets, I’d rather not take into the wild... but there’s several local a weekly bar tourneys I frequent, and one of which I often supply chips for (when I play). This includes a cash game after. So while my Milano’s fit the bill for easily replaceable tourney chips, I was lacking in the cash set department for something I’d be willing to take into a bar game environment. I was keeping my eye out for a relatively inexpensive set that I could use for these cash games... this set came along, and at a super reasonable price. These are nice chips, and though I think one might contemplate doing some sort of a relabel project, I’m happy with them As is. The bar crowd will be fine without denominations. And I’ll be happy knowing I’m not playing with dice chips. This is my first time handling the EC Chips in any playable amounts, and I’m very impressed with the feel...

Game plan is to use the blue chips as $.25, white as $1, red as $5, and blacks as $20 chips. Leaves me a bank over 2k, which for a single table $.25/.50 cash game, will work just fine. Half these bar geeks buy in for spare change. $40-50, while others will buy in for $60-80. Most we’ve had is 8-9 Players. So maybe $500 on the table to start, and upwards of $1k on the table at most. Remember, these guys have just played a bar tourney, and are not in this cash game for a long grind. 2k bank is plenty.

Now I don’t have any “needs” in the poker chip realm... I get that there are not many in this hobby that limit their acquisitions to just what they need... I’m actually falling into that camp. Not actively seeking. Content. It’s a great feeling.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom