Possible alternatives for a leaded THC $5 chip... (2 Viewers)

rustycheerio

Flush
Reaction score
I've got every denomination for my cash set ready to go, except $5. the most important chip...
i've searched and it seems nearly impossible (had a classified ad for a few weeks) to find a red leaded THC chip (6 racks) in good condition that people are willing to let go of.
WTHC 5s are nice, i've already got a rack and barrel of those, but they do feel
light in comparison to all the other chips.
what do you guys recommend? i was thinking about paris $5s, as they are somewhat common and it'll be easier to find those. ideally bourbon street, claim stake $5s would be great.
are paris $5s leaded? any and all advice would be appreciated. thank you.
nick

Mint? Used? Leaded THC $5s are in surprisingly short supply in larger quantities. What are the other chips you're pairing them with?

My suggestion is to figure out what specific chip you want first and then work on finding it as opposed to hoping someone can or will rain six racks of some random, good condition, leaded THC $5 chips on you all at once. Sure, you could get lucky, but want ads should be treated like they exist in an alternative timeline, one week equals 1/2 of one day. If it was easy, everyone would do it :wtf:

My suggestion is to figure out what specific chip you want first and then work on finding it as opposed to hoping someone can or will rain six racks of some random, good condition, leaded THC $5 chips on you all at once. Sure, you could get lucky, but want ads should be treated like they exist in an alternative timeline, one week equals 1/2 of one day. If it was easy, everyone would do it :wtf:
will do. also, patience.

That is the hardest part. 1st step, set the target chip. 2nd step, work it. 3rd step, repeat 2nd step.

You need minty leaded THC $5s in quantity?

8EB0C88B-5FC0-4691-98B6-DB19D332E6F4.jpeg

Sorry OP, I couldn’t help myself. They’re out there, but won’t come cheap

They’re out there, but won’t come cheap
Just like Christy. :)

You ~might~ eventually find that many racks of Golden Eagle $5s, but it will cost ya. Same for Casablanca Aruba $5s, PCA secondaries, or Empress secondaries -- they are out there, but won't come cheap. Not much else leaded THC is available in multiple rack quantities. I don't think six racks of Bourbon Street $5s even exist.

I'd just plan on using either live unleaded chips, or an unleaded fantasy chip (relabeled or not). Faster, cheaper, and once in play, chances are you won't notice the difference. Slowly upgrade from there if you still feel the need.

LCO $1s, CDI $25s (but THC mold), empress joliet $100s
People are asking this not just for fit look-wise or considering the quantity available, but because condition-matching is ideal for any set. LCO $1s are usually pretty worn, so if yours are, that kind of opens up what $5s can be recommended. Conversely, CDI $25s are rarely well worn. If you end up acquiring chips of all different condition, it's likely you will quickly decide to change directions to match, making some acquisition moot.

I'd suggest doing a quick shot like the following so we can give options for fit based on condition and looks:
gAJnvX6.jpg

Do you not like the Discovery Cruise $5? (maybe those are not leaded) I thought @RivieraDanny posted to your wanted add what looked to be 4-5 racks.

It seems tough to get 6 racks up front.

I happen to know a guy who is selling a complete leaded THC set with two racks of 5s already in it in excellent condition with plenty of good trade bait you can then use to get 4 more racks of 5s. Well below your $8/chip budget too…just saying…

The condition on those is multiple time zones away from mint
I agree, the Discovery $5s are far from mint, but his post says good condition, not mint. @rustycheerio are your LCO's $1's mint?

OP
i've searched and it seems nearly impossible (had a classified ad for a few weeks) to find a red leaded THC chip (6 racks) in good condition that people are willing to let go of.

People are asking this not just for fit look-wise or considering the quantity available, but because condition-matching is ideal for any set. LCO $1s are usually pretty worn, so if yours are, that kind of opens up what $5s can be recommended. Conversely, CDI $25s are rarely well worn. If you end up acquiring chips of all different condition, it's likely you will quickly decide to change directions to match, making some acquisition moot.

I'd suggest doing a quick shot like the following so we can give options for fit based on condition and looks:
gAJnvX6.jpg
View attachment 1031723

Also not to dissuade you but unless you're prepared to drop down at least several mortgages, it's gonna take you more than a few weeks to find 6 racks of leaded, THC in good/excellent condition. People run through this exercise on the order of years and sometimes never get there. Stuff like Bourbon Street and Claim Stake are not realistic options unless you've got some unreal trade bait or a boatload of cheddar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom