Pontoon Boats (2 Viewers)

mike32

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a pontoon boat for our family at our cottage. I am a boater with very limited experience, I've owned a small fishing boat for about 20 years that I now keep at our cottage. I would be able to dock it right by our place, either at my own dock (hopefully soon) or at a marina right around the corner that we could easily walk to. It would probably get used a couple times per month, sometimes with maybe 6 people.

I see what appears to be a nice deal on a new 21' Princecraft locally. Does anyone have suggestions or helpful experience in pontoons and or partying in slow motion?

Thanks!

I don't have much to add but this......

20170502_150407000_iOS.jpg

Ahhhh, wish we could have a pontoon. But we can’t. There are no docks/marina on our lake so it would be hauling it in and out with each use. Still would do it except nowhere to store it!

DO IT!! Will be so much fun!!

I had a deep-V cuddy cabin that we loved. Unfortunately it developed serious rot while I was deployed because the wife didnt keep it covered and dry. I still miss it. So much fun.

Following! I’m also trying to learn about pontoon boats. But we have to have an electric motor per lake rules.

The one I’m looking at comes with a 60hp Mercury. I have a Mercury on my other boat that has been good after a minor hiccup right out of the gate. I’d also probably have to pay to store it in the winter.
Another goal is playing poker on this pontoon boat!

Good luck. I like to go fast so we have a powerboat right now. But the wife has been bugging me to sell it and get a pontoon, as we now have 5 grand kids and a much bigger family. I'm resisting, but may be joining you soon. Following to see what the recommendations will be.

Good luck. I like to go fast so we have a powerboat right now. But the wife has been bugging me to sell it and get a pontoon, as we now have 5 grand kids and a much bigger family. I'm resisting, but may be joining you soon. Following to see what the recommendations will be.
No desire to go fast. In fact I don’t like people who go fast on our lake, especially around me trying to fish!

No desire to go fast. In fact I don’t like people who go fast on our lake, especially around me trying to fish!
No worries. I only go fast on large lakes and stay well away from the fishermen. In fact, I rarely see fishermen on the lakes where I boat. I suspect they were done fishing long before I put my boat in the water.

Get a newer wakeboard boat then you can have more room and go fast. Bonus grandkids might have some activities to do besides tubing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom