Polyclay Custom Molds (2 Viewers)

GianThaMan

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is not a question, but more of a request. I have no clue or experience with running a group buy. Frankly, I don't want to. But I found out that Sun-fly does custom molds for Polyclay chips, and I wanted to ask somebody else to run a group buy for it. I wouldn't be involved in the group buy design or shipping, etc. I just want to recommend the idea of doing a group buy to somebody else because a cool custom house mold for PCF would be awesome. The price for a custom mold is $5000 dollars, with a MOQ of 5,000 chips, so obviously you would want to aim for 50,000 chips to lower the price to a reasonable point. This is probably a weird post, but still, here you go.

Only issue with this is that if you read though any design thread whether it's a group buy or personal buy you will see how different peoples preferences are. It would be very difficult to get a general consensus on a single mold design. For example, there are multiple threads discussing CPC's molds and opinions are all over the place.

With that being said, a sweet 43mm polyclay mold with the hybrid recess and an outer ring, well then, count me in as a contributor. ;)

Ooh, an actually good idea would be a checkerboard all around the chip, or a full 52 cards deck surrounding the chip.

Only issue with this is that if you read though any design thread whether it's a group buy or personal buy you will see how different peoples preferences are. It would be very difficult to get a general consensus on a single mold design. For example, there are multiple threads discussing CPC's molds and opinions are all over the place.

With that being said, a sweet 43mm polyclay mold with the hybrid recess and an outer ring, well then, count me in as a contributor. ;)

Haven't been around long, but seems to me there will be a group of buyers for anything (Not meant as a shot but Scrub Donkeys as an ie), many of whom would overlook a mold in a heartbeat for a nice overall design, with a solid color palette. Throw in some savings the indiviual buyer can't achieve on their own, and there will be buyers.

I may have read this wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Sun-Fly can mold 43mm Hybrids for no extra cost beyond making the new mold. This just got interesting...

0DA604A2-1523-4CAC-B9ED-E8FACD841888.png

Waiting to see mold design(s). No reason to get all excited until something actually happens.
Mold designs can be whatever we want, the exciting part is a merge of some of the best types of ceramics in my opinion, 43mm hybrids with a 25mm recess, and polyclays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom