Polyclay Custom Molds

GianThaMan

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is not a question, but more of a request. I have no clue or experience with running a group buy. Frankly, I don't want to. But I found out that Sun-fly does custom molds for Polyclay chips, and I wanted to ask somebody else to run a group buy for it. I wouldn't be involved in the group buy design or shipping, etc. I just want to recommend the idea of doing a group buy to somebody else because a cool custom house mold for PCF would be awesome. The price for a custom mold is $5000 dollars, with a MOQ of 5,000 chips, so obviously you would want to aim for 50,000 chips to lower the price to a reasonable point. This is probably a weird post, but still, here you go.

ThinkingFold

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only issue with this is that if you read though any design thread whether it's a group buy or personal buy you will see how different peoples preferences are. It would be very difficult to get a general consensus on a single mold design. For example, there are multiple threads discussing CPC's molds and opinions are all over the place.

With that being said, a sweet 43mm polyclay mold with the hybrid recess and an outer ring, well then, count me in as a contributor. ;)

GianThaMan

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooh, an actually good idea would be a checkerboard all around the chip, or a full 52 cards deck surrounding the chip.

TheWhat

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Only issue with this is that if you read though any design thread whether it's a group buy or personal buy you will see how different peoples preferences are. It would be very difficult to get a general consensus on a single mold design. For example, there are multiple threads discussing CPC's molds and opinions are all over the place.

With that being said, a sweet 43mm polyclay mold with the hybrid recess and an outer ring, well then, count me in as a contributor. ;)

Haven't been around long, but seems to me there will be a group of buyers for anything (Not meant as a shot but Scrub Donkeys as an ie), many of whom would overlook a mold in a heartbeat for a nice overall design, with a solid color palette. Throw in some savings the indiviual buyer can't achieve on their own, and there will be buyers.

GianThaMan

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may have read this wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Sun-Fly can mold 43mm Hybrids for no extra cost beyond making the new mold. This just got interesting...

GianThaMan

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0DA604A2-1523-4CAC-B9ED-E8FACD841888.png

GianThaMan

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting to see mold design(s). No reason to get all excited until something actually happens.
Mold designs can be whatever we want, the exciting part is a merge of some of the best types of ceramics in my opinion, 43mm hybrids with a 25mm recess, and polyclays.

Top Bottom