Poll: Should the TCC chips be sold by the rack or by micro-playable sets? (1 Viewer)

How should I offer up the Chicken Coop chips?

• Total voters

ImCrossland

Full House
Reaction score
I’ve had some discussions with members via PM who suggested the chips be offered up in mini sets rather than by the rack.

If I did this, more members might be priced out of getting a chance at them and fewer members would ultimately get TCC chips.

Based on the chips below, how should they be offered up?

If you select “mini-sets” please share the ideal breakdown based on the chips being offered up.

Breakdown:
$1 x 600
$5 x 200 - [100 via auction, not part of total]
$20 x 100 - [100 via auction, not part of total]
$25 x 600
$100 x 600
$500 x 100 - [100 via auction, not part of total]
50mm x 200
NCV 39mm x 1,000
NCV 43mm x 200 - [100 via auction, not part of total]

As an aside, I’m just now heading back to Texas so won’t be able to respond or read comments frequently until I stop. 30+ hours starts now!

I wouldn't be able to afford the chips, but I appreciate you bringing more beauties to the game

and hope you will give us the colors of the chips when you have time ,

Also, seems like maybe offering a limit set or two will cut down on so many ones?

This huge set of chips is going to be attractive to a lot of people in a lot of different ways. Besides the many ways that someone might want to assemble a playable set, people will probably be happy to take chips of any denominations and murder them in order to make sets out of denoms that wouldn't normally work as a set. But the problem is that nobody is going to know what they really want because they won't know what they're going to be able to get, given everyone else is going to be trying to get the other pieces that they might need.

For a complicated set of possible options like this, I think you should sell the whole thing at once in small pieces via an ascending multi-package simultaneous round-by-round auction, similar to the way that the FCC auctions off rights to the electromagnetic spectrum.

A simple version would go something like this:

Round One: Everyone who is interested submits to you via PM a "bid list", which is a list of everything they're interested in buying, with prices they're willing to pay, broken down in any way they like, including specifying stuff that they're only interested in as a complete package. An example might look something like this:​
  • As many $1s as possible, but at least one rack, for $10/chip
  • Two racks of $5s and two racks of $20s, but only together, and only if I can get at least one rack of $1s, for $15/chip
  • A barrel of $100s for $15/chip (whether I can get any of the previous ones or not)
Set a deadline for submissions. Once all the submissions are in, go through them and - eyeballing it, you don't have to use an algorithm for completeness - identify the combination of pieces and bids from all the submissions that will maximize the total sale revenue. Publish the bids and bidders that make up that combination as the "provisional winners". Start the next round.​
Round Two: Anyone who wants to can submit a new bid list. Anyone who's already submitted a bid list can update it any way they'd like, except that they cannot lower the price they would pay for any particular item that they've already submitted. They can raise it, though, and probably will want to if they weren't among the provisional winners for something they wanted.​
As before, set a deadline for submissions (probably one day for each round is good). Go through the submissions, and again eyeballing, see which combinations of bids maximizes the sales revenue now, given everyone's new and higher bids. Publish the new provisional winners.​
Further Rounds: Repeat, and keep going until there's a round in which no one submits any new bids. When that happens, the current provisional winners become the actual winners, each one getting the specific package that they bid on which ended up being included in the revenue-maximizing combination, and each one paying what they bid for that specific package.​

---

If you want to ensure that the chips are widely distributed among different chippers rather than letting a single buyer get the whole thing with a ginormous bid, then impose whatever maximum you think is appropriate, like "no more than 500 chips to any one person" or some such.

Since you want to sell these chips at your cost without asking for anything more, you could commit to donating the proceeds from the auction above and beyond your cost to a charity. I suspect these chips are worth a good bit more than your cost, and using an auction to realize that extra value and donate it to a good cause would be a great way to get these chips into worthwhile hands.

Based on the chips below, how should they be offered up?
I read the poll question and insta-answered mini sets. I am personally a fan of the idea that some playable breakdowns would be out there, even if only offered as a heads up set, with any other extra racks sold off separately.

But after reading on and seeing the breakdown, I would change my answer to racks and barrels. The two racks of $5s and lack of fracs swayed my opinion.

I have never buit a heads up set before, but I imagine it would look like any decent 10 man breakdown divided by 5.

I generally try to build a 1,000 chip $0.25 based cash set with 100/200/400/200/80/20 to the $500 (whether $20s or $25s are being used).

So, if the larger set broke down in a similar manner, each heads up set could have been something like 200 chips with 20/40/80/40/16/4.

But I think the point is now moot. With no fracs (apart from the NCV relabel candidate) and two racks of $5s, I'm not sure this approach makes any sense.

Last edited:
I read the poll question and insta-answered mini sets. I am personally a fan of the idea that some playable breakdowns would be out there, even if only offered as a heads up set, with any other extra racks sold off separately.

But after reading on and seeing the breakdown, I would change my answer to racks and barrels. The two racks of $5s and lack of fracs swayed my opinion.
Exactly my thoughts. I change my answer. Also did not realize how few $5's there are. I'd actually hazard to say that what's being offered, if needing to be offered in sets, would work best for a tournament set than cash set.

and hope you will give us the colors of the chips when you have time ,
297733DC-98BB-4A02-816F-5E3EC6E4FF74.jpeg

Given the number of $5s, do 1 playable set with a rack of ncv for a frac, 2 racks of $1, 2 racks $5, rack of $20. Then do the rest by the rack.

Given the number of $5s, do 1 playable set with a rack of ncv for a frac, 2 racks of $1, 2 racks $5, rack of $20. Then do the rest by the rack.
And make a limit set with the 900 Pink NCV and 100 of the Blurple 43mm NCV.

I would probably buy a rack if I had to, but I'm interested in by the barrel for some denominations

This seems sensible, but this set would be $5,400 at $9/chip.

And make a limit set with the 900 Pink NCV and 100 of the Blurple 43mm NCV.
$9,000.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom