Poll: Raised Rail or Not? (3 Viewers)

To raise or not to raise?

• Raised

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • Not Raised

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can when I get home, but I just got to work so it will be about 9 hours from now. I'll check back in and get back to you if no one else has. I bet it's pretty close to 2-1/4" (3/4" ply for the raised rail + 3/4" ply for top rail + 1" foam).
Great, thanks. No rush.

Great, thanks. No rush.
No problem. So yup. 2-3/16” (2.1875” or 55.562mm)

Alright guys, I ultimately decided to go without a raised rail. The builder couldn't do it quite how I wanted, so I figured I'd go with a simpler one now and a few years down the road I'll have Chanman build me one with all the bells and whistles.

That being said, this table came out incredibly well. Really clean work, I'm really happy with the SSC color I chose, and the legs don't look too bad either.

Sorry for the delay on pics, but my basement is a construction site at the moment. It's been sitting around for about 4 months now, all packed up, and on Friday I finally had the chance and space to unpack it and mount the legs!

IMG_20190719_221656079.jpg

Looks nice.

I will be curious to see how the attachment point of the legs holds up. A lot of force will be concentrated into a small area if people lean on the sides of the table. Looks like a weak point IMO. Hope I am wrong.

I do like the raised lit rails in pictures. I assume no one has had trouble viewing their cards on these tables?

Looks nice.

I will be curious to see how the attachment point of the legs holds up. A lot of force will be concentrated into a small area if people lean on the sides of the table. Looks like a weak point IMO. Hope I am wrong.
Where exactly on the sides do you think? All along the sides? Towards the middle?

Where exactly on the sides do you think? All along the sides? Towards the middle?
Not sure what you are asking.

Just looks to me like a lot of stress is going to be applied to small area where the legs form a "V". I could be wrong.

Ahhh I get what you mean now. We'll see. It's attached pretty securely there and the base it really heavy.

My upcoming @T_Chan table will feature a 1" raised rail. I am so excited since my present T_Chan table does not have it. I'll have the choice of either when just a 1 table game!

Raised rail all the way! Agreed that it might not add a lot of functionality but there's just a certain added coolness factor!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom