Poll - Poker or bridge size cards? (1 Viewer)

Which do you prefer: Poker or bridge size cards?

• Poker

• Bridge

Results are only viewable after voting.
For standard NLHE, Poker/Jumbo is pretty great if the task of dealing circulates around the table. For games involving more than two cards, or for games where there's a dedicated deatler, I prefer bridge sized cards. For Omaha/games with four or more cards, I generally prefer standard index because I don't have to spread the cards as much, although I'll readily admit that jumbo index is easier to read on the community cards.

I don't ever use bridge size cards. Maybe if I was playing bridge. I also prefer standard index, but jumbo is acceptable.

Bridge/standard.... Although it likely won't be too much longer before the need for jumbo! Eyes getting worse by the minute! Haha

I prefer bridge size cards with a standard index. Bridge size cards are what most poker rooms use. Although I never quite understood why “poker” size cards aren’t used in the poker room, and for that matter why they are then classified as “poker” size.

I only own regular/standard index but wanted to order Desjgn 4-color bridge but they are Jumbo index. Do you guys think I’ll be pissed with Jumbo index when playing Omaha/Big O?
I personally don't like jumbo index with more than 2 hole cards.

Poker size, Jumbo index - I play monthly home game tourneys with a group of guys all in our early 50's, so jumbo index is the way to go for the community cards :)

Also, I know this isn't a poll about brands, but we use Copag and sometimes KEMs. Never paper decks.

-Poker size for games with up to three hole cards, either self-dealt or not, or with an automatic shuffler (so I 'm told, about the latter)
-Bridge size for games with four or more hole cards (or, just don't play those games :D )
-Jumbo index for larger tables or anyway, for people over 40-45 years of age, regardless of them having ambassadorial status or not (Presbys, as in presbyopia, is the Greek for both old man (NOT OMC) AND Ambassador.:LOL: :laugh:
-4-index Jumbo even more so as above, especially if left-handers are included (especially impeded left-handers, forcefully taught to use their right hand to write during the Middle Ages).:rolleyes:
-4-color, 4-index Jumbo, provided the blue is light enough to not be confused with black, for beginners and mentally impeded people (including myself:D)

Apparently, I voted for poker-size.

Reactions: Dix
would you like the French-Belgium style with your bridge cards?

5j2vyRbnQ-QPDcWhhs5C8VwIH_5Vcbhu1kBLkVT17L01HA1ZzzCcQVpw-X8CS4yqFPAT3NGYX7JQQSWofcd9suU2Qp97kdpBHctoqIEQc01r8i82FiXESho

would you like the French-Belgium style with your bridge cards?

5j2vyRbnQ-QPDcWhhs5C8VwIH_5Vcbhu1kBLkVT17L01HA1ZzzCcQVpw-X8CS4yqFPAT3NGYX7JQQSWofcd9suU2Qp97kdpBHctoqIEQc01r8i82FiXESho
Not a chance in the English-speaking world.
In Greece, it might work, 'cause we use Latin names for the "figure" cards: Regas, Dama, Vallet :)

Bridge, standard index.
Anything larger and it is too difficult to look at your whole hand, in anything except hold'em, without fanning the entire table.

Bridge/regular personally because I like to play 4 card games and it's easier to spread regular index but I think most of the players at my game prefer jumbo to see the board.

Bridge for PLO or any other Omaha variants where a player has more than two hole cards.

Poker for basically all other games.

For standard NLHE, Poker/Jumbo is pretty great if the task of dealing circulates around the table. For games involving more than two cards, or for games where there's a dedicated deatler, I prefer bridge sized cards. For Omaha/games with four or more cards, I generally prefer standard index because I don't have to spread the cards as much, although I'll readily admit that jumbo index is easier to read on the community cards.

What we really need is the Schrodinger's deck now....It is simultaneously jumbo index (on the board) and standard with 4 pips in your hand. :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom