Poll:Do you buy 25c or 50c for your cash set? (1 Viewer)

Do you buy 25c or 50c for your 0.5/1 cash set?

• 25cent

Votes: 106 75.7%
  • 50cent

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • 25cent and 50cent

Votes: 18 12.9%

• Total voters
Both, but in separate sets, and yes that's a washed out pic, the IOC fracs are WAY more vibrant.
2021-03-31.jpeg

Ya it's not the end of the world if you mix, and I almost never play 50c/$1, so people with more experience with that have probably thought about this more. I usually play either 25c/50c or $1/$2, so I never thought about 50c chips, but I love me some fracs so I wouldn't mind having both 25c and 50c chips in a set even if I never use them at the same time. I think someone here on PCF may have said the more chips the better, I forget who, but they sound smart.

Just to be clear, I would not think twice about using 25c chips in a 50c/$1 game especially since fracs are hard to come by as it is, never mind 50c fracs, but given the choice I would use the 50c if available in a 50c/$1 game if that makes sense.

Last edited:
25¢, $1, $5, $20, $100 for NL.
50¢ for $1/$2 limit games.

I like quarters because I'm cheap. .25/.50 is clearly a low stakes game. .50/1 is the same as $1/1, which is the same as $1/2, which is to say they're all too damn expensive for my tastes.
You didn't mention a reasonably maxed (60E/$ or 120BBs) buy-in .50/.50 game which could be ideal. :)

Other than that, I hate quarters as a value, and not just because they do not correspond to any coins here.

At any rate, wishing to have versatility, I 've never denominated my fracs, so they can play as either .50 or .25 (just in case you ever visit here:) ) or .20 (or even $/E2 in non-fractional games).

It really all comes down to the game you are playing. I will say this.... If you are more serious about poker (and less about chips) I would not consider buying too many of these low denominations as you will soon grow out of it.

I outgrew my 25cent, 50cent, and nearly my $1 chip. I have a feeling I will out grow my $5 in the next ten years. I have racks and racks of the lower denom chips that will never see action again (but maybe my son will use them).

It really all comes down to the game you are playing. I will say this.... If you are more serious about poker (and less about chips) I would not consider buying too many of these low denominations as you will soon grow out of it.

I outgrew my 25cent, 50cent, and nearly my $1 chip. I have a feeling I will out grow my $5 in the next ten years. I have racks and racks of the lower denom chips that will never see action again (but maybe my son will use them).
Dad?

Would you play $2/$4 with a two-dollar chip and a four-dollar chip?
I would use .5, $1, $2, $3, and $5, but it kind of drives my peeps nuts.
Does anyone have a 50c/$2.50/$10/$50 set? :unsure::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::eek:
If so, what would you play with it? At least you can get those snappers in play.
LOL...that would be awesome!!

No, but I do have a .50/$1/$2/$3/$5/$25/$100 set (with a $10 ceramic after market chip that somebody had made....LOL!!

20180120_215451.jpg
5686.jpeg
20180217_223225.jpg

it surprising to know that actually many PCF also have both 25c & 50c in their set to use depending on the stake, i also didn’t like the idea of using 2 chip for small blind will rather very much to use 50c for 50c/$1 game

What are those mini racks and where did you get them?
I'm curious about those as well!

These aren't the same thing, but they're similar, and anyone looking for a mini-rack might be interested: "Chip-O-Racks"

1617301339567.png

1617301411963.png

Slanted chip racks, for holding and dispensing one person's chips at the table instead of making stacks. Holds 75 chips in three rows of 25. Open at one end so you can easily take chips out or put them back, and slanted so the chips stay neatly stacked even if the row isn't full.

There's a bunch of them on eBay. Appear to be vintage, made over a few decades (?) from a few different types of plastic (?).

(see earlier thread here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/poker-chip-case-with-chip-o-racks-or-similar.60640/ )

What are those mini racks and where did you get them?

I'm curious about those as well!

These aren't the same thing, but they're similar, and anyone looking for a mini-rack might be interested: "Chip-O-Racks"

View attachment 668269

View attachment 668272

Slanted chip racks, for holding and dispensing one person's chips at the table instead of making stacks. Holds 75 chips in three rows of 25. Open at one end so you can easily take chips out or put them back, and slanted so the chips stay neatly stacked even if the row isn't full.

There's a bunch of them on eBay. Appear to be vintage, made over a few decades (?) from a few different types of plastic (?).

(see earlier thread here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/poker-chip-case-with-chip-o-racks-or-similar.60640/ )

I 3D printed them. Great for starting stacks. Yes, I know these pics are terrible. Sunny day out there.
5D2CC0B7-39E3-42CD-B865-D564EB12DECB.jpeg

Last edited:
Jeez, that’s a lot of denoms. The Swiss government should’ve run their breakdown by @BGinGA before finalizing
Australia is the same.
we stop at $2 though.
We also used to have 1c and 2c coins.
Still legal tender but long gone from mass production.

We‘re always playing 0.50/1 and all players including me prefer to go with 50c chips only. As most preflop raises are 3+ BB, no real need for quarters. Sometimes players mistake quarters for 50c chips, but that‘s maybe because we‘re not used to quarters as our swiss coins are 5c/10c/20c/50c/1/2/5
Oh we’re old school here. 1p/2p/5p/10p/20p/50p/£1/£2

You have to strike a fine balance with how much change you put in each pocket or else you’re in danger of walking in circles :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Oh we’re old school here. 1p/2p/5p/10p/20p/50p/£1/£2

You have to strike a fine balance with how much change you put in each pocket or else you’re in danger of walking in circles :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I am quite certain my pants would fall down before I walk in circles. And dropping your pants outside leads to a different kind of "circles"
Smith-Wesson-Model-100-Half-Open__03527.1571765135.jpg

We‘re always playing 0.50/1 and all players including me prefer to go with 50c chips only. As most preflop raises are 3+ BB, no real need for quarters. Sometimes players mistake quarters for 50c chips, but that‘s maybe because we‘re not used to quarters as our swiss coins are 5c/10c/20c/50c/1/2/5

Singapore don’t have quarter too we only have 5c/10c/20c/50c/$1
Is there a name for a 20c piece? “Fifths?” Or something like that?

I voted for 50c (but coupled with a 10c chip) because this is what I use.

I can cover NL10 (0.10 - 0.10), NL20 (0.10 - 0.20) and NL50 (0.50 - 0.50).

But same could be achieved with 5c coupled with 25c I guess.

In fact it really depends on your game and preference.

Both 25c and 50c together are not needed in my opinion.

Édit : I've not read the question properly.

Definitely 50c for me then. I don't like 2-chip small blind in a cash game.

Is there a name for a 20c piece? “Fifths?” Or something like that?
Not that I am aware off, the only „nickname“ I know is that some say „Schnägg“ to the 5.00 coin (Snail). The 5.00 coin is usually called „5-liber“. History of this dates back to the predecessor currency bevor 1850 which was the french „Livre“

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom