Poll - CPC Tourney Edge Designs (1 Viewer)

Which of these edge designs works best for a tourney set?

• Don't quit your day job - they all suck!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LotsOfChips

Flush
Reaction score
So I'm getting closer on my CPC Custom Tournament set, but I'm not 100% set on which edge design to use. I have had some really great feedback on developing my Cash Game set by posting a poll, so I'm doing the same for the tourney set.

The colors are close but not necessarily final, I'm more trying to nail down the edge patterns. Denoms are T25, T100, T500, T1000, T5000, T25,000, T100,000 & T500,000 (planning on some crazy high roller games). I'm trying to average at L2 or lower, so they aren't the fanciest, but I still think (hope) that they look okay.

First up, 212 for all...
1572065226227.png

Next, 3TRIM...
1572065264205.png

Thirdly is 2DS316...
1572065329712.png

And lastly is a progression...
1572065387646.png

Voted for progression slighltly over the 3 moon, but I think this will largely depend on the inlay. I have nearly the exact lineup of 3 moons mocked up for a smaller tourney set, but on the large crown mold with a very simple old fashion / western style theme for the inlay and it looks awesome. Wouldn't work nearly as well with a more complex/stylish inlay.

On the progression set, I'd recommend working a bit on the 5k an 25k colors to get a little more contrast between the spots. Dg peach maybe with retro blue, red or maroon spots, and imperial blue with light blue, yellow, or white spots. Just my 2 cents.

2d48c5de-05ca-46c6-9d2d-d9822bd3da4b.png

No preference on the spots really, but I wanted to shoutout the grey and green chip. Not sure I've see that combo before, and it's rad.

IMO the inlay design matters.

Voted for progression slightly over the 3 moon, but I think this will largely depend on the inlay...

Yes, that is definitely a consideration. I'm working on an inlay idea, but I need to develop it a bit further before I know if it is feasible or not (currently it may be a bit too complex and/or difficult to see the details, so I'm trying to simplify it a bit). In the meantime I'm continuing to firm up the chip colors/edge designs, with the knowledge that I may need to alter the chips to match the inlay or vice versa.

On the progression set, I'd recommend working a bit on the 5k an 25k colors to get a little more contrast between the spots. Dg peach maybe with retro blue, red or maroon spots, and imperial blue with light blue, yellow, or white spots. Just my 2 cents.

View attachment 357825
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that clashes a bit with my cash set $1 and $5 colors below (L to R .05, .25, 1, 5, 20, 100, 500). It is a bit of a challenge to have unique color combinations for 15 different chips that look good together and that don't have edge colors similar to adjacent or semi-adjacent edge or base colors.

I am leaning a bit towards a non-progressive design for the tourney set, in order to provide a bit of contrast with the progressive cash set (although the progressive tourney design does have an appeal of its own)

1572106259275.png

It is a bit of a challenge to have unique color combinations for 15 different chips that look good together and that don't have edge colors similar to adjacent or semi-adjacent edge or base colors.

Admirable approach but I would venture to say that's near impossible. IMHO, trying to accomplish that will be detrimental to the individual chips. Its difficult enough to build a set of 5-6 chips with unique colors/spots that are distinguishable in a pot but still look good together, trying to do that across cash/tourney sets will likely mean you'll be left with some kind of meh chips, just to make them different from the rest. Tough project, good luck!

Ok, it's a bit of a small sample size, but at this point 3TRIM is in the lead at 50%, followed closely by Progressive at 37.5%. I'll keep the poll up for a bit longer to allow for some late votes, but this has helped me to narrow it down to two choices for me, which is a step forward for sure.

Thanks to all who have voted and commented so far.

If you don't have a current CPC color sample set, get one in hand before you make any decisions regarding spots or colors.

If you don't have a current CPC color sample set, get one in hand before you make any decisions regarding spots or colors.
Yup, I have not one but two sample kits in hand. I have used them extensively for selecting the base colors, but I do need to revisit the edge colors using the samples,. I have mostly relied on the chip design tool for edge color selection, and the sample colors are absolutely different than what is shown on screen.

I'm also taking lots of time for decisions, and putting the project on the shelf from time to time and then revisiting it, wanting to make sure that I still like my decisions after a bit of time passes. I'm trying to incorporate much of the tips and advice I have picked up from other people's threads in the forum, and it has been very helpful.

Yes, that is definitely a consideration. I'm working on an inlay idea, but I need to develop it a bit further before I know if it is feasible or not (currently it may be a bit too complex and/or difficult to see the details, so I'm trying to simplify it a bit). In the meantime I'm continuing to firm up the chip colors/edge designs, with the knowledge that I may need to alter the chips to match the inlay or vice versa.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that clashes a bit with my cash set $1 and $5 colors below (L to R .05, .25, 1, 5, 20, 100, 500). It is a bit of a challenge to have unique color combinations for 15 different chips that look good together and that don't have edge colors similar to adjacent or semi-adjacent edge or base colors.

I am leaning a bit towards a non-progressive design for the tourney set, in order to provide a bit of contrast with the progressive cash set (although the progressive tourney design does have an appeal of its own)

View attachment 357893
Love this cash set!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom