Poll: Classic Victorian Back Colors (1 Viewer)

If I am able to add an additional set of back colors in addition to the Dragon/Kraken, which would y

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desjgn

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
If I am able to add an additional set of back colors along with the Dragon/Kraken, which would you choose?
Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 2.12.36 PM.png

Last edited:
Option 1, I’m afraid that with poor lighting the card backs may not be that easy to tell apart.

Try printing them out and testing them in the various lighting. I’d be curious what you discover.

Here's what I did. Lighting was my dining room table, which is typical of the light I use when I play games. I didn't set up a table, but the seating position is approximately correct for cards in the middle of the playing area. For each combo, the first picture is from the seating position, the second a closeup. No flash was used in any picture.

Disclaimer: I have no idea how close my printer is to reproducing the colours that will be used for the cards. It's an inexpensive inkjet.

Sphinx mixed in with Gorgon
Gorgon_Sphinx_1 (Medium).jpg

Gorgon_Sphinx_2 (Medium).jpg

Gorgon mixed in with Sphinx
Gorgon_Sphinx_3 (Medium).jpg

Gorgon_Sphinx_4 (Medium).jpg

Gargoyle mixed in with Hydra
Gargoyle_Hydra_3 (Medium).jpg

Gargoyle_Hydra_4 (Medium).jpg

Hydra mixed in with Gargoyle
Gargoyle_Hydra_1 (Medium).jpg

Gargoyle_Hydra_2 (Medium).jpg

I'm still a fan of Gorgon / Sphinx. :tup:

Last edited:
Here's what I did. Lighting was my dining room table, which is typical of the light I use when I play games. I didn't set up a table, but the seating position is approximately correct for cards in the middle of the playing area. For each combo, the first picture is from the seating position, the second a closeup. No flash was used in any picture.

Disclaimer: I have no idea how close my printer is to reproducing the colours that will be used for the cards. It's an inexpensive inkjet.

Sphinx mixed in with Gorgon
View attachment 263233

View attachment 263234

Gorgon mixed in with Sphinx
View attachment 263235

View attachment 263236

Gargoyle mixed in with Hydra
View attachment 263231

View attachment 263232

Hydra mixed in with Gargoyle
View attachment 263229

View attachment 263230

I'm still a fan of Gorgon / Sphinx. :tup:

Much prefer the Black and Gold color scheme.

So let’s open this up a bit more for discussion: would you want these two color combinations instead of the dragon red/kraken blue + one of these above options?

I would still say Red and Blue and then whatever the most popular is... but im not going to be disappointed either way!

Yellow or gold backs usually looks faded, washed out, or low contrast to me, especially with a delicate design.
From the above pics, looks like the blue contrasts nicely with the orange or black.
But as with chip sets, I sometimes run it by couple players that are color blind first.

I'm down for Gorgon or Gargoyle matched up with Hydra. The Sphinx just doesnt do it for me, but that may be because i already have Wyvern/Phoenix...

I feel traditional colors became that because they just look the best. Red and navy blue always are king. I also think deep saturated colors are the classiest look for cards. Burgundy and emerald green is my second favorite. Then black and gold.

Burnt orange would be cool too. Not a fan of that blue Hydra

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom