Pokerstore update - Gunnar (1 Viewer)

Gunnar

Flush
Reaction score
To those I know and those I have interacted with here on the forum. First of all, I'm sorry for my lack of answers and for disappearing from the forum.

Long story short I broke and lost all control of my pokergame, spiraled into dept, lost my company, all of my savings, many friends but manage to keep my apartment and my wife for now. Still fighting off some debts and loan sharks but things are going upwards for the first time in a long time. For those who I own money to, send me what I owe you and your paypal address to my email, gunnarthor2(at)gmail...... I can’t tell when I will pay you back but I can tell you that I will someday make right for everything I did wrong. I’m truly sorry for those I hurt and let down, I won't ask for trust or forgiveness I will only ask for time.

Long story.

I’m pokerfree for 3 months now. It has not been easy but Im proud of it. Last two years have been really hard and something inside my broke. All pokerlimits and rules I set myself vanished and I played almost everything away. I can’t tell you when it started to be a problem, but my wife was sick fighting some illness that nobody can identify took it toll, both personally and pokerwise. What used to be fund disposable income started to be crucial income to stay afloat, losing started to hurt, and losing started to be the regular outcome. Last february there was a pokertrip organized to Dublin with my friend Jon Bondi ( Jon Farmer ) that some of you know from my meetup in Iceland. Because of my constant bad playing and losing I had to cancel last minute and off to Dublin went a group of Icelanders including one of my best friends Jon. This was a breaking point for me, not because I missed some poker, because Jon never returned. In this trip Jon disappeared without a trace, walked out to get a smoke and bam. No body has been found, and he did not have a photo ID or passport so he could not leave the island. I went to Dublin to look for him with a search party but nothing, no clues or anything. Every option seems far fetched and Im not going into details. Two most likely options are sucicide or robbery gone bad, we will never know.

After this I fell into a dark hole, both at the table and at life. I soon after vanished from the forum and spent all my time playing poker with borrowed money and other stupid things. This story is not to get some empathy or forgiveness for what I did and the commitments I broke.

1. September I hit rock bottom and got help, I have been going into meetings and slowly getting control of my life. Sadly I have to cut off all poker related hobbies like this forum and collecting poker chips. This part of my life is simply over. Thus said I still have many great friends here and of course if any forum members want to visit Iceland and need advice or help feel free to contact me. I will soon delete my account here after this post and for my friends, debt collectors or Iceland advice seekers feel free to email me at gunnarthor2(at)gmail......

Thanks for the read, thanks for all the memories and thanks for the beautiful chips you maniacs have brought into this world.

Very sad to hear of your troubles, especially the loss of your friend Jon. I am glad to hear you are getting help and hope we can get together again someday. Good luck my friend.

Huge props to you for getting control of the situation. It seems like you are making healthy, but tough decisions. Good luck out there Gunnar, I bet you will learn a lot from this difficult phase of life and come out stronger and better for it

Thanks for the update. Sad to have a friend leave the forum. Hope your wife's health has improved. Take care of your family.

Best wishes Gunnar.

Hope you get better my friend. Wishing you and your family the best, and glad to see you are working to make amends. Take care of yourself!

Thanks for being straight with the folks here. Very sorry to hear of the troubles, but glad you've sought help and are looking to make restitution.

Be well, mate, and best wishes in the future.

Wish you nothing but the best Gunnar. Time passes and perseverance wills out.
Me and Elizabeth hope that you and your family continue to gain health, and that your family and your friends (old ones and new ones in the future) understand and continue to support you.

I have a lot of respect for you - for your honesty and self awareness. It takes great courage for you to post something like this and it must have taken a tremendous amount of strength to turn your life around. My best wishes are with you.

So good to hear from you, my friend!

And so very proud of you for the way you decided to face your challenges head on. I think the fact you opened up publicly certainly helps as well.

Don’t ever think you’re alone in some of those missteps. We all have issues we have to work on, that’s what life is about. Those challenges come in many different ways and it’s good to see you recognized yours.

Be good, man, and keep moving forward. We are cheering for you!!

Paulo-

Last edited:
Truly sorry to hear of all your recent negative circumstance. You seem very aware of where you are now, and where you want to go. I wish you all the strength and resolve and opportunity to do well and be at peace. The road ahead begins with forgiveness, most of all to yourself. My only advice to you is to find beauty in all things. Farewell.

Gambling addiction sucks. I have never gone over the edge but I can totally sympathize. Dont beat yourself up. This is a sickness like alcohol or drug abuse.

feel free to PM and email if you want to talk

much love and support.

Damn man, sorry to hear our resident viking has hit this rough patch. Had a blast meeting you and joking around, hoping you and your family find health and happiness

That's a helluva story. Glad to hear you're on the straight and narrow and getting the help you need. Stay strong and take it one day at a time.

That’s a lot of bad shit for someone to deal with... sorry to hear you’ve had to go though all that and glad to hear you are better path forward.

Gunnar - I wish you and your family the best. It was great meeting you, and I will be sure to reach out to you when the wife and I visit Iceland. Best wishes - Craig

Gunner, first of all I appreciate your honesty, self awareness is the start of correcting any problems in your life. Secondly I hope your wife is well and doing better. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery and putting your life back together as well, good luck with the process. Asking for & seeking help is the hardest first step. Wishing you and you wife nothing but the best.

One of my biggest regrets was not making the Icelandic meetup. Hopefully I'll make it over there one day and you can give me the cooks tour. :)

Best wishes for finding happiness. I’m glad you’re addressing it!

Best wishes for you, Gunner! Stay strong and continue to think of the more important things in life.

I completely missed this thread when it first came out. I was just wondering this morning how you were doing, and if your wife's health had improved.

Needless to say, this was not the happy news I was hoping for.

I don't know if you'll ever read this, but you haven't lost all your friends. You have plenty of American friends, and a couple Canadian ones too. You know we are still here, and if you ever need to talk/type to someone PM me - or any of us really.

I have travelled long and far. I have met a many great individuals through PCF, and I can honestly say - in front of everyone - that you are truly one of the nicest, most generous people out there.

Flippers or secret group buys, I don’t care... I love this community! You guys are beautiful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom