Pokersnowie - Pocket KK on the Button (1 Viewer)

Youda04

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I played a hand on Pokersnowie and was a bit shocked at the results recommended by Pokersnowie. Curious what everyone else thinks.

9 handed $1/$2 cash game and I'm (Hero) on the button with K diamond and K spade.

Preflop:
Blinds post and UTG and UTG+1 both fold.
UTG+2 bets $5 ($383 stack before bet).
Lowjack 3bets to $18 ($412 stack before bet).
Highjack and CO both fold.
Hero 4bets to $62 on the button ($330.50 stack before bet). [Pokersnowie says I should be calling 100% of the time vs 4betting (calling is 5.21EV and 4betting is 1.98EV)]
Both blinds fold and UTG+2 fold.
Lowjack 5bets to $106 ($18 + $88) (stack size is now $306)
Hero calls $44 (stack size is now $224.50). [Pokersnowie says I should be 100% folding here]
Pot is $220.

Flop:
Flop brings Q spade, 7 club, 5 heart.
Lowjack checks.
Hero bets $110. [Pokersnowie says this was the correct play but I should have gone all-in vs. betting 1/2 pot]
Lowjack folds.

My question:
I'm very curious about what everyone thinks about (1) Pokersnowie's preflop recommendations; (2) Input on how you think I played my hand; and (3) any other thoughts on how you would have played this hand.

P.S. I haven't figured out yet how to post threads with nice pics of the card holdings like I've seen on some other threads. How do you do this (that way I can post better quality postings in the future).

Thanks,
Roger

I don’t use snowie but is it possible you have it configured wrong? Seems way too tight pre. But I’m far from a pro. I play just like you pre fwiw

Flop SPR of 1 though, your 1/2 pot size seems wrong. The only sizes id consider are tiny (like 20% pot) or all-in. Maybe this is a board where pot can get called by JJ and KK bets pot for value vs milking AKs? I dunno. 5 bet pots are rare around here

Cards are 4 characters, colon, value, suit, colon. Only lowercase for values and suits. “:” “a” “s” “:” :as:

I would have either folded or gotten it all in to the five bet. As played, all in on the flop. You're up against the same hand, AK, or aces when 5 bet into 99% of the time, regardless of position.

As far as the recommendations go, I disagree with flatting to a three bet in position.

Like Froggy, I'm not a pro either, but a value bet to a check post flop seems wrong too.

I don’t use snowie but is it possible you have it configured wrong? Seems way too tight pre. But I’m far from a pro. I play just like you pre fwiw

Flop SPR of 1 though, your 1/2 pot size seems wrong. The only sizes id consider are tiny (like 20% pot) or all-in. Maybe this is a board where pot can get called by JJ and KK bets pot for value vs milking AKs? I dunno. 5 bet pots are rare around here

Cards are 4 characters, colon, value, suit, colon. Only lowercase for values and suits. “:” “a” “s” “:” :as:
Thanks for the feedback and help on posting. I'm very new to GTO study, so I only bought the Pokersnowie $99 annual subscription. They have a more advanced subscription for $229.95 per year. The higher priced subscription provides the ranges, but it's a little too pricey for me for now (after I get more familiar with the $99 subscription, I might upgrade next year). But for now, I don't know what ranges the Pokersnowie software is assigning (my understanding is the software assigns a more conservative range than what Jonathan Little assigns...or at least I thought I heard that in one of his videos).

As far as the recommendations go, I disagree with flatting to a three bet in position.

Like Froggy, I'm not a pro either, but a value bet to a check post flop seems wrong too.
I agree with you (I can't see myself ever flatting here). I think it's reasonable that villain would have 3bet with JJ+, and AK (JJ maybe not as often but I've seen JJ 3bet a fair amount in this situation).

Good point. I hadn't considered SPR on the flop. In hindsight, this is definitely either a 1/4 pot size or all-in bet.

Preflop this is snowie's analysis of your hand:

1668971157640.png

1668971193519.png

I certainly wouldnt be checking here (I would 3!) but maybe snowie is assuming that +2 will fold (+2 has no flatting range here and if +2 cold 4! you're probably beat) and wants to keep weaker hands in LJ's range in play postflop as you are IP.

This is what snowie has for +2 range if you flat, only raising AA/KK and you have 2 of the Ks:
1668971785575.png

This is what snowie has for LJ's 3! range and you have 2 of the Ks so other than AA you are way ahead of his range.
1668971474739.png

Equilab has you as a major favorite vs this 3! range. So maybe snowie's goal is to play the hand IP against a weaker hand in LJ and make more EV as opposed to 3! and taking it down pre and making less EV??

1668971585513.png

Also I use the windows snipping tool to take the pics and just paste them into the post :)

This is LJ's 5! range: AA 87% and 79% bluff.

1668972151491.png

Maybe snowie folds as you are behind this range and have 2 outs to improve?
Also if you look at range advice you dont have KK in range here as snowie flats the 3! 100% so this advice is a bit off with respect to your actual hand.
I cant see folding here IP.

Your range facing this 5!:
1668972741181.png

This is LJ's 5! range: AA 87% and 79% bluff.

View attachment 1026680

Maybe snowie folds as you are behind this range and have 2 outs to improve?
Also if you look at range advice you dont have KK in range here as snowie flats the 3! 100% so this advice is a bit off with respect to your actual hand.
I cant see folding here IP.

Your range facing this 5!:
View attachment 1026686
Ok so all the bluffs contain a 6, and snowie thinks the only other combo besides aa to call with is 66?

Seems like a mistake snowie

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom