PokerGO announces new app coming soon. (1 Viewer)

naked_eskimo

Two Pair
Reaction score
Saw this in an email this morning. I hope the new app delivers. I've been very disappointed with the user experience on my Android TV based Nvidia Shield. The biggest issue being crappy playback ( FF in 10 second increments) and an inconsistent ability to remember where I left a video. The new app promises to address those issues (finally!). I hope that it does. I've pretty much turned to youtube for most of my poker viewing simply because PokerGO on Android was horrible.

From the email announcement:

New PokerGO Preview
We've been listening to your feedback, and we're excited to announce a new and improved PokerGO is just days away!

What's new:
  • Improved layout and search function will make finding videos easier than ever
  • New video player that remembers where you left off
  • New highlights section plus new favorites and history features
  • Greater app stability and performance improvements
While these are big updates, they are just the beginning of the changes we'll roll out this year. Our goal is to make PokerGO easier to use, while continuing to deliver the features you've been asking for.

I agree that the content is great. I love some of their original content and the production values are great.

They clearly had little to no idea how to roll out the software platform properly before going live, however. The result was two years of unnecessary hassle passed along to their subscribers who were charged subscription fees to be beta testers.

I miss the old version as it saved the episodes I was watching.

Screenshot_20200608_182516.jpg

FINALLY!!!!!!!

A new Main Event from 2003 to 2010 being released every week now.

Are they showing coverage of the entire event? IIRC there were gaps in the coverage due to having to switch to network TV at certain points

Jeez its still not great. Forcing a password change too wth?

Yeah, this caught me, I tried to open the App, it said "Sign in" which failed, so I went online, clicked "Forgot password" it took over an hour for the email to come in, and I gave up checking, so the next day I tried to reset it, and it gave an error that looked weird, so I called their Customer Support this morning, turns out those Reset Password emails have an expiration of ~10 hours.......so by the time I tried to use it, it was expired, they resent a new email and I was able to reset it and get back in.

Yeah, this caught me, I tried to open the App, it said "Sign in" which failed, so I went online, clicked "Forgot password" it took over an hour for the email to come in, and I gave up checking, so the next day I tried to reset it, and it gave an error that looked weird, so I called their Customer Support this morning, turns out those Reset Password emails have an expiration of ~10 hours.......so by the time I tried to use it, it was expired, they resent a new email and I was able to reset it and get back in.

I tried to sign in the other day and never got the email to reset my password lol.

PokerGo has always been kind of terrible. The only reason I still have it is because it auto pays yearly on my card and I keep forgetting to cancel the payment

Honestly, their telephone support was great, the woman knew right away what the issue was and got me another password reset email, she did mention that "Yahoo.com" emails take ~20+ minutes to arrive and they don't know why....and it did take ~30 minutes to show up....
My annual renewal was just in mid-May, so I thought it was something messed up with my renewal, just happened to be timed with the App upgrade as well.....

Thanks that’s good to hear.

Still have just over a month before I go back to work so I need as much entertainment as I can get haha. Getting bored with the LATB re-runs and need something to watch after I finish all of the Party Poker Premiere Series.

Are they showing coverage of the entire event? IIRC there were gaps in the coverage due to having to switch to network TV at certain points
I can't be certain, however, there are 7 episodes in total if that helps?

Ugh, I wish PokerGO could just get their act together. Just now I tried to access it on my Nvidia Shield TV since the update and when I go to sign in, I get a page prompting me to go to pokergo.com/devicereg to register my shield. OK, fine. It was registered before, but not a big deal, except for the fact that on the page it says ENTER CODE: and then provides no code at all.

Seriously PokerGO, just finally get your crap together for once and deliver a pleasant, hassle free viewing experience. So frustrating!

Well, I think I am done with PokerGO. I've always loathed their technical incompetence, but today I finally submitted a support email regarding the empty device registration code prompt on my nvidia shield. Their response was surprisingly quick and equally disappointing.

They no longer support nvidia shield tv devices. WTF? Nvidia Shield TV is by far the best android tv device available.

Well now that I know my nvidia shield is no longer supported, and I cannot cast from my pc, then I have no reason to maintain a subscription any longer. Going to cancel right now.
I also canceled. No new programming and no casting was a deal breaker for me.

Also they seem to be paying more attention to their (free!) YouTube channel than to the app?! Even their latest new content, that heads-up between Antonio and Hellmuth, is also free to watch on YT and on top of that they're airing WSOP online coverage on there as well (I was looking for it in the app, couldn't find it, and then noticed in on YT!) Really makes you wonder what that subscription is even for...

If only the app could remember where I left off watching, it would already help a lot. Each time I have to scroll and search to see where I was - almost undoable with those 2-5 hour episodes. How hard can that be? Also there is a tick box in the upper right corner where I assume you can add/favorite something - also doesn't seem to work. I was expecting more of the facelift tbh.. Especially those basics (like favorites, remembering where you left off..) shouldn't be that hard to fix!

I was so fed up with PokerGO and their incompetence by the time I cancelled. When I called to cancel my subscription, the customer service girl asked if there was anything they could have done better. Uhm, don't take this personally, but.... five minute rant later.

Thanks for the feedback was the response I got.

I tried out PokerGo when they first launched and realized the same problem about the quality. I would love for them to fix this issue and add some new entertaining content. I want to watch some PLO cash games!

Partypokertv YouTube channel has a fair bit of PLO. One episode has a 900K pot between Trickett and Aussie Matt. I think its the big game montreal seres. Probably close to 15 hours of PLO cash game in that series alone.

Saw this in an email this morning. I hope the new app delivers. I've been very disappointed with the user experience on my Android TV based Nvidia Shield. The biggest issue being crappy playback ( FF in 10 second increments) and an inconsistent ability to remember where I left a video. The new app promises to address those issues (finally!). I hope that it does. I've pretty much turned to youtube for most of my poker viewing simply because PokerGO on Android was horrible.

From the email announcement:

New PokerGO Preview
We've been listening to your feedback, and we're excited to announce a new and improved PokerGO is just days away!

What's new:
  • Improved layout and search function will make finding videos easier than ever
  • New video player that remembers where you left off
  • New highlights section plus new favorites and history features
  • Greater app stability and performance improvements
While these are big updates, they are just the beginning of the changes we'll roll out this year. Our goal is to make PokerGO easier to use, while continuing to deliver the features you've been asking for.
Thank God!! I guess that little heads up duel with Hellmuth & Esfandiari got them thinking. It took me 2 days to watch it bcz it wasn’t showing on the PokerGO app.

Thank God!! I guess that little heads up duel with Hellmuth & Esfandiari got them thinking. It took me 2 days to watch it bcz it wasn’t showing on the PokerGO app.
The frustrating part for me was that they were also showing it on YouTube, available through a decent app, native on my Samsung TV, which remembers where you left off, for free... And top it off, they're now adding GGPoker WSOP coverage exclusively through YouTube - almost like they want to discourage me from using their paid service?! I actually asked their support about this - curious what they'll come back with (if they come back at all, it's been 4 days already..)

"PokerGO - shut up and give us your money!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom