PokerBuddies - Private Online Poker (2 Viewers)

Davism72

Flush
Reaction score
Hey, all. I've seen a handful of posts about private online games recently. I've been working on a similar product in my free time, which might be of interest to some of you. Unfortunately, it's not ready for release yet. With everyone staying in, this may have been a perfect opportunity to launch, but the game is still pretty rough.

Here's a quick hand video:
. Apologies for the rough recording quality. Note that usually a player wouldn't be able to make betting decisions for other players (obviously). I've just enabled that for my own testing here.

Some info about the game:
- Just NLHE cash right now
- Will eventually include tourneys
- Not married to the name. I originally wanted to call it Side Bet Poker, but side bets don't exist in the game yet, so I thought that may be misleading.
- Games are group-based. You can invite other members to be in your group and anyone in a group can play in that group's games.
- Runs entirely in the browser.
- Not sure on pricing yet, but would likely be freemium model. I'd guess NLHE would be free for all members, but you'd have to pay to unlock other games.
- I created this from the ground up in my free time over the last nine months or so. I made all the art assets in the game and wrote the code.
- There are probably a billion bugs. :)

If anyone's interested in doing some beta testing, let me know. I don't have any plans in place to make that happen, but I could use some more eyes on the game. I thought maybe I'd front some micro-stakes buy ins and winners could keep what they won.

Thanks for looking!

Hey, all. I've seen a handful of posts about private online games recently. I've been working on a similar product in my free time, which might be of interest to some of you. Unfortunately, it's not ready for release yet. With everyone staying in, this may have been a perfect opportunity to launch, but the game is still pretty rough.

Here's a quick hand video:
. Apologies for the rough recording quality. Note that usually a player wouldn't be able to make betting decisions for other players (obviously). I've just enabled that for my own testing here.

Some info about the game:
- Just NLHE cash right now
- Will eventually include tourneys
- Not married to the name. I originally wanted to call it Side Bet Poker, but side bets don't exist in the game yet, so I thought that may be misleading.
- Games are group-based. You can invite other members to be in your group and anyone in a group can play in that group's games.
- Runs entirely in the browser.
- Not sure on pricing yet, but would likely be freemium model. I'd guess NLHE would be free for all members, but you'd have to pay to unlock other games.
- I created this from the ground up in my free time over the last nine months or so. I made all the art assets in the game and wrote the code.
- There are probably a billion bugs. :)

If anyone's interested in doing some beta testing, let me know. I don't have any plans in place to make that happen, but I could use some more eyes on the game. I thought maybe I'd front some micro-stakes buy ins and winners could keep what they won.

Thanks for looking!

Cool! What stack did you use?

That's pretty cool. Question regarding shuffling, what are you basing your seed for the random number generator?

Thanks for looking!

I have a small group of players that has a weekly game of microstakes at lunch time. We call it L.T.P. (lunch time poker). There are usually 3 of us, but occasionally 4. @One Eyed Dollar is another one of the players.

We've actually been looking for online options since work-from-home prevalence is on the uptick. So if you're looking for a small/select group of beta testers, we'd be happy to check it out.

I have a small group of players that has a weekly game of microstakes at lunch time. We call it L.T.P. (lunch time poker). There are usually 3 of us, but occasionally 4. @One Eyed Dollar is another one of the players.

We've actually been looking for online options since work-from-home prevalence is on the uptick. So if you're looking for a small/select group of beta testers, we'd be happy to check it out.
That's great to hear! I'll definitely reach out when it's a bit closer to ready.

Cool! What stack did you use?
Python and Postgres in the back. The game itself is written in Phaser, which is a 2d javascript game framework. There will eventually need to be some web infrastructure around the game (login, logout, group management, game management, payment, etc) which will likely be in Angular, but it doesn't exist yet. Hosting on Heroku for now, but that might change.

I'm not fully versed on online poker apps but the big frustration for me is not being able to play with a tablet in the PokerStars home games. It would be cool if there was an app where you can get a table of buddies together all on iPads or similar.

I'm not fully versed on online poker apps but the big frustration for me is not being able to play with a tablet in the PokerStars home games. It would be cool if there was an app where you can get a table of buddies together all on iPads or similar.
Pokerrrr 2 is your answer until @Davism72 gets his ready for release.

Since the game is browser-based, you should be able to play on any sufficiently-modern device which can access the internet. As always, it's early days still, so I can't make any guarantees, but playing on an iPad is definitely in my sights.

So much this ^^^^

So much this ^^^^

I downloaded Pokerrrr 2 on my iPad and started using it...I did set up a game, buthavent invited anime to play yet. Probably in the next day or two. So far it works fine, but we will see how it functions in real live environment where 8-9 players are playing.
One thing I would have liked is the ability to play in a browser or there would be an app similar to PS that you can download to your Mac/PC. I generally prefer to play poker on a Mac/PC than a phone/iPad.

I downloaded Pokerrrr 2 on my iPad and started using it...I did set up a game, buthavent invited anime to play yet. Probably in the next day or two. So far it works fine, but we will see how it functions in real live environment where 8-9 players are playing.
One thing I would have liked is the ability to play in a browser or there would be an app similar to PS that you can download to your Mac/PC. I generally prefer to play poker on a Mac/PC than a phone/iPad.
I did the same then looked at the cost - it's 20 coins or whatever the in-game currency is to host a tourney style game. I don't know if the players get charged too. I'm thinking there are too many barriers for this to be effective.

I did the same then looked at the cost - it's 20 coins or whatever the in-game currency is to host a tourney style game. I don't know if the players get charged too. I'm thinking there are too many barriers for this to be effective.

The players don't get charged, only the host of the game. If you are a group of players, you can host a few games each with the 30 starting ingame coins, and if will last a good while. Can really recommend pokerrrr2.

Following your project @Davism72, big potential here!

Wish List:
- Feature traditional cash games like Hold Em, Omaha, 7 Card Stud, 5 Card Draw, etc.
- Feature non-traditional cash games like those in Abby's Mixed Games like, PLO, 2/7 Triple Draw, Badugi, etc.
- Feature dealer's choice cash games like 5 & 7 Card Stud variations, 5 Card Draw variations, 7/27, etc.
- Dealer's choice games with customization available

All these games are definitely on my radar. Want to nail Holdem first, though.

Thats really cool, watching with interest. I would love to use this for an online home game. PLO and straddles would be required for my group though lol.

Would there be the ability to distribute "chips" to players in your group for a cash game?

On that BluffAvenue poker site you were able to distribute a bankroll to people in your private group, I'm sure the idea is to keep track of money for a home game.

Ah, no. Anyone can buy in for any amount at any time. The important part is that their buy ins and cash outs are recorded in a ledger which is public to the group. This can be used to track payouts in real life and shame those who don’t pony up.

Ah, no. Anyone can buy in for any amount at any time. The important part is that their buy ins and cash outs are recorded in a ledger which is public to the group. This can be used to track payouts in real life and shame those who don’t pony up.
This is a really nice feature. Can the ledger be exported as a cab file?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom