Tourney Poker tournament clock software (2 Viewers)

RumbleDumble

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello all!

I was wondering if there is any good software on the market (free or paid) to organize home poker games. Mainly to organize time and blinds.

I have found Blind Valet, but that one is web-based. Do you guys know any apps for phone (ios) or pc?

Hello all!

I was wondering if there is any good software on the market (free or paid) to organize home poker games. Mainly to organize time and blinds.

I have found Blind Valet, but that one is web-based. Do you guys know any apps for phone (ios) or pc?
We use the paid version of Blind Valet. I use an iPad with an hdmi cable to a flat screen on the wall so everyone can see it. What I really like is I can control the same timer from my IPhone while playing at one of the tables. Our league members can also sign in on their phone and have the same timer running on their phones. It’s been great for us.

Blinds are Up! Is a good free app for your phone/tablet. Made some nice upgrades. Screenshare with a smart tv and project the timer and blinds to your players.

It just doesn't keep track of stats, give random seating to players. If you dont care as much about those types of features, you'll probably like this app.

We have a guy who likes keeping track of those things and place them on a website he created, as an excuse work creating websites generally. So we never bothered putting money towards something we could easily manage ourselves

Not to derail the thread, but does The Tournament Director software allow for saving off all the chip & blinds information to be re-imported on someone else's copy, or do you need to re-enter it all manually?

Not to derail the thread, but does The Tournament Director software allow for saving off all the chip & blinds information to be re-imported on someone else's copy, or do you need to re-enter it all manually?
I usually make the entire tournament setup on my desktop, save it, copy the save on a flash drive, and load that save on my laptop for use at the tournament. Never had any problems transferring saves of anything

I use the Texas Holdem Poker Timer app. I use it on a large iPad Pro on a stand. This is a free version I used for ages and then upgraded just to change the background and images.

Its simple and straightforward. Easy to setup with solid auto/recommended blind structures but also easy to customize. I primarily use the auto blind structures and then just make a couple tweaks from there.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/texas-holdem-poker-timer/id458921369

A5AB8286-CABE-499C-8517-DBBC3D1C41B5.jpeg

Still running PokerDiY.

It hasn't been upgraded in years, and it will probably be inoperable with a future Windows operating system, but it saves multiple custom blind structures which is a key element for me.

It's also free, which is nice.

I've tried Blind Valet, did not like it. Tournament Director was too pricey for me in my early days with an unsure future of hosting, so I never tried it. Now 12 years later, I have no desire to switch unless I have to.

When travelling, I use the Texas Holdem Poker Timer app mentioned by @Eloe2000 . It's pretty solid, and saves various structures. It is the lead candidate when PokerDiY dies off.

Still running PokerDiY.

It hasn't been upgraded in years, and it will probably be inoperable with a future Windows operating system, but it saves multiple custom blind structures which is a key element for me.

It's also free, which is nice.

I've tried Blind Valet, did not like it. Tournament Director was too pricey for me in my early days with an unsure future of hosting, so I never tried it. Now 12 years later, I have no desire to switch unless I have to.

When travelling, I use the Texas Holdem Poker Timer app mentioned by @Eloe2000 . It's pretty solid, and saves various structures. It is the lead candidate when PokerDiY dies off.

I've been running it in a VM and it lags! Timer noises/narration go off a few seconds after the clock hits "0" or whatever.

Also, their is no way to save the visual layout. The items stay, but the positioning & size reset every time you go to that display screen it appears.

I'm using PokerDIY. It is clunky in the inability to save the layout, but it works. I'll likely be using "Blinds Are Up" on Android going forwards, though, as it has all of the features I want.

I'm using Blinds Up on my iPad, mirroring it to my tv. Not even sure if its available in the App Store. Great software with some pretty cool features. IIRC the designer is a member here.

Blinds are Up! Is a good free app for your phone/tablet. Made some nice upgrades. Screenshare with a smart tv and project the timer and blinds to your players.

It just doesn't keep track of stats, give random seating to players. If you dont care as much about those types of features, you'll probably like this app.

We have a guy who likes keeping track of those things and place them on a website he created, as an excuse work creating websites generally. So we never bothered putting money towards something we could easily manage ourselves
I'm using Blinds Up on my iPad, mirroring it to my tv. Not even sure if its available in the App Store. Great software with some pretty cool features. IIRC the designer is a member here.
Wow Blinds up is a very versatile app!

I've been running it in a VM and it lags! Timer noises/narration go off a few seconds after the clock hits "0" or whatever.

Also, their is no way to save the visual layout. The items stay, but the positioning & size reset every time you go to that display screen it appears.
I've no experience with a VM - not even sure what that is. :unsure:

I do run it on a computer and then share it with 4-5 other devices using TeamViewer, so everyone can see without having to turn 180°. It also shows in 2 rooms for 3 table events (common now since we are social distancing), and one runs on the back porch so smokers know when break is almost over. Any lag is pretty minimal (<1 second, and it is only noticeable because the music playing through Spotify is also being shared the same way).

Tournament Director and never looking back.
I used BlindsUp App for IOS for quite a while, it does a lot of cool stuff but the developer is flighty and would go 6 months at a time not answering replys or fixing problems. I finally got fed up with it and switched to TD, best move I ever made.

+1 on the Tournament Director. Keeps a player database, customizable for blind structures, display, and point system. Can track multiple seasons among many other features. Been using it for 10+ years now. Very reasonably priced for what you get.

I've gathered some stats over last year (made an excel with player rankings). Is there a phone app that can keep these stats? I want to get rid of this tedious excel sheet.

I want to organize a "player of the year" tournament with the 6-8 best players of last year/
We used Poker Timer Pro for blinds, timer and I want to ask you, from your experience
- Do you use a timer for makings hand calls (like 30-60s / player?). I found that a lot of players take too long or not paying attention for various reasons.
- Do you use time bank cards or alike? If so how many per player should I use?

I've gathered some stats over last year (made an excel with player rankings). Is there a phone app that can keep these stats? I want to get rid of this tedious excel sheet.

I want to organize a "player of the year" tournament with the 6-8 best players of last year/
We used Poker Timer Pro for blinds, timer and I want to ask you, from your experience
- Do you use a timer for makings hand calls (like 30-60s / player?). I found that a lot of players take too long or not paying attention for various reasons.
- Do you use time bank cards or alike? If so how many per player should I use?
As a fan of statistics I'd be interested to know what stats you have collected. I know @TexRex would as well, as we've shared stats over the past 5-10 years. Ours are all excel sheets, because it really is the best for filtering what you want to know.

As a fan of statistics I'd be interested to know what stats you have collected. I know @TexRex would as well, as we've shared stats over the past 5-10 years. Ours are all excel sheets, because it really is the best for filtering what you want to know.
Sure!
Here’s the spreadsheet
Mainly the date of the game & rankings (places), totals + piecharts for the frequent and active players (just for fun)

I saved it and now have it as a spreadsheet. I don't understand anything other than the outline -- what appears to be scores are symbols I don't understand. Perhaps you or Zombie could help explain. It looks interesting and maybe similar to part of what I use.

Last edited:
Tournament Director and never looking back.
I used BlindsUp App for IOS for quite a while, it does a lot of cool stuff but the developer is flighty and would go 6 months at a time not answering replys or fixing problems. I finally got fed up with it and switched to TD, best move I ever made.
This. BlindsUp is awesome, but it crashes frequently and it hasn't seen any fixes or updates in who knows how long. The owner was also testy.

Last edited:

My one "concern" with that...although it's super-minor...is what if you had a player show up 1 game, kill it, and never come back? He'd be 100% first place! I wonder if you shouldn't be weighting the ranks...like, if you don't play, you get an N/A rank, which shows up in the pie chart. In that case that player would be 49 N/A, 1 first, (if you had 50 games)...much more reasonable-looking. However, this could de-incentivize people from showing up...what chance do you have of getting a good "ranking" if someone else is 50 games ahead of you?

Hence...seasons...maybe you need to start seasons! I think most do yearly, but if you are lucky enough play a lot, you could shrink that down.

My one "concern" with that...although it's super-minor...is what if you had a player show up 1 game, kill it, and never come back? He'd be 100% first place! I wonder if you shouldn't be weighting the ranks...like, if you don't play, you get an N/A rank, which shows up in the pie chart. In that case that player would be 49 N/A, 1 first, (if you had 50 games)...much more reasonable-looking. However, this could de-incentivize people from showing up...what chance do you have of getting a good "ranking" if someone else is 50 games ahead of you?

Hence...seasons...maybe you need to start seasons! I think most do yearly, but if you are lucky enough play a lot, you could shrink that down.
Interesting and valid point!
We are a small “club” so I thought that players that have less than 3 PLAYED games in a year (although I might bump that number up from this year based on last year’s stats) will not be counted in and be placed below the REGULARS into the CASUAL PLAYERS.

Unfortunately I don’t know how seasons work yet.
Yesterday I got an app the Pokerclubhouse that did seasons and stats but the UI/UX is a bit difficult to grasp.

First of, I use tournament director and have been since mid-2000s. The support on the forum is unmatched, even by expensive professional software.

We run seasons, and since we only play about once a month, we have seasons of 6 or 9 tournaments. Another thing I do, is to have the middle third give 50% more points (than the first third) and 100% more for the last third. This means that everyone has a shot even on the last third. Winner gets 20% of the league prize, a free seat for the final table, and e.g. 17k chips. 2nd place gets a free seat and 15k chips, 3. -5. gets 12k chips and the rest gets 10k chips. Since we're only one table, the tourney lasts 3 hours max so people who bust has to wait for tourney to end before cash (as most people prefer). The final table lasts about 5-6 hours and usually no cash afterwards as people don't care to wait for cash to start up. Oh and the 80% remaining in the league prize is added to the prize pool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom