Tourney Poker Tournament Blinds Timer and League Manager Software (2 Viewers)

t3nacity

Sitting Out
Reaction score
There are countless poker tournament blind timers and tournament managers as well as poker league management software solutions.

In the past I've used The Tournament Director for the tournament manager and blinds timer and a Google Drive sheet for the managing the league standings and points, but am now looking at various other options that would not only act as a blinds timer but also a tournament and league manager that maintains points etc.

I could use my PC, Mac or Android tablet. I would prefer to be able to just put my tablet on the counter for the timer and tournament manager. However, I don't believe there would be sufficient features available for a mobile app compared to a desktop solution, let alone the league management aspect as well.

What are you guys using these days? Is there an all-in-one solution you prefer or are you using a separate solution for your timer, tournament manager and league manager? If so, why do you prefer the setup you use?

Blinds Up on the iPad and Excel for me. I like that Blinds Up can export the results and then I load them into my excel spreadsheet to assign points and post that standings.

After trying over a dozen free apps, I like "Poker Timer" the best for iPad apps. It's what I use on the airplane now. For home games, I use Poker DiY, but it uses Microsoft Silverlight, and I know MS intends to drop support of Silverlight in a few years.

Tournament Director works perfectly.

If that ever conks out mid-session, I have the blinds structure on my "blinds are up!" android app and i can just use that.

Not too fussed about leagues and tables over and above the stats offered by TD.

I'm also a big fan of Excel for league data. Graphs and pivot tables make it priceless statistical data, including...
  • Points for each year
  • Points by event type
  • Most 1sts, 2nds, 3rds, ect, filtered by years
  • Does player A preform notably better when player B is at the table? (collusion alert)
  • Who earns the most Bad Beats (everyone thinks it's them - only one person is right)
  • Consecutive finishes in the money
  • Consecutive attendances
  • Which starting table sees the most 1st place/2nds/3rds/ect.
  • Does player X cash more often from table 1/2/3?
  • Who's getting position on whom?
  • Who's knocking out who? (also available in pie graph)
  • What levels are players being KO'ed in - sortable by blind structure/dates/players (also available as a line graph)
Many other items as well, with only a little data collection necessary during the game.

What about TD software that is online/web/cloud based? I don't want to install anything and I possibly want have the other players see results in between games. I see BlindValet.com. Are there any others?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom