Poker tips (1 Viewer)

GavinMcresty

High Hand
Reaction score
Do you get poker tips online at all? From what websites? Or have you read a helpful book recently? I was just hoping to set up a thread where we can share helpful titles and links. Feel free to share your own tips, strategies and ideas in this thread.

Are you looking for tournaments, cash or both? If cash games, full ring or 6 max? STT, MTT, or HU tournaments?

For me, I mostly read books because I don't play enough to have hands to post on any forums

Are you looking for tournaments, cash or both? If cash games, full ring or 6 max? STT, MTT, or HU tournaments?

Actually, I am not looking for anything in particular. Anything anyone found helpful for any kind of game at all would be interesting. I was just looking for general ideas and things to read about. If it is not a kind of game I play regularly, it would do no harm to read it. If someone posts it here, then other members might find it useful anyway.

For cash game books I'd recommend Professional No Limit Holdem by Ed Miller, Matt Flynn, and Sunny Mehta or No Limit Holdem Theory and Practice by David Sklansky and Ed Miller.

For tournament play I really like The Raiser's Edge and Jonathan Little's series for LAG play.

For TAG tournament or beginner tournament play you can't go wrong with the Harrington on Holdem series.

For general poker there's Poker Math That Matters and The Theory of Poker.

Poker books are very good but practice makes you a better player. So read books and quickly apply what you read.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom