Poker table top (3 Viewers)

Yes. I own one similar....Xmas gift from the wife before I bought a table.

Pros
There's a rail.
It's portable. Awkward, but portable.

Cons
Cupholders are useless. Too shallow.
Felt is not great, and upgrading doesn't look possible.
Mine doesn't lie quite flat at one of the folds.
Needs a table large enough to support it.

Overall: it's ok for what it is. People will lean on the rail, so you need a table wide enough to support it. I use it if someone wants to host but doesn''t have a table or mat. I prefer the playing surface over a neoprene mat, but it's not as convenient to carry around.

Yes. I own one similar....Xmas gift from the wife before I bought a table.

Pros
There's a rail.
It's portable. Awkward, but portable.

Cons
Cupholders are useless. Too shallow.
Felt is not great, and upgrading doesn't look possible.
Mine doesn't lie quite flat at one of the folds.
Needs a table large enough to support it.

Overall: it's ok for what it is. People will lean on the rail, so you need a table wide enough to support it. I use it if someone wants to host but doesn''t have a table or mat. I prefer the playing surface over a neoprene mat, but it's not as convenient to carry around.

Thanks for the input,

My table would support this but it's could be a problem if taken to a another venue, i like the idea of having the rail where a neoprene mat doesn't - does the felt have any cushion underneath to soften/pad the playing surface?.

We use a table topper. This one is from amazon. It does the job and so far has been indestructible in the face of spilled beer, cigar ash, pizza sauce and anything else that’s been flung at it...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAJ6YPX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MYo6CbBQ3VQEH

9556800C-38FA-4B16-A778-94D0271C1953.jpeg

A620AAAA-7066-498D-845C-B231D0F4B42B.jpeg

We use one too. Actually two. As described above, transport and assembly is not easy. The easiest way is with two people who help. The cup holders are hardly usable.

Otherwise it was definitely a worthwhile purchase. There seem to be differences in quality. The table tops with a suited patterned playing surface seem to be better (more stable, better padding). At least it was the case with us.

I think I’ll go for one of these.. I have also put a order in for the PCF table topper mat as the group buy was just on.. luckily I can get it shipped to Vegas when I go in September.. but one thing I like about the above is the rails so might as well get both

That one from amazon is the third we’ve had in 15 years of playing and is the best topper we’ve used. One of them fell apart and another had the felt bump up in the middle where it folds. Think the amazon one was around £120.
We sometimes use a mat as well but not having a padded arm rail does make a difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom