Poker table suggestions (1 Viewer)

xdukeluvax

Two Pair
Reaction score
looking for info on poker table purchase. Started a home game and want to buy a poker table. Dont have a huge budget and was curious on best value on the market and maybe building your own is better? Any info helps thanks

Would be good to know on my end too. Would need to ship to Canada which would be an additional wrinkle most likely..

What is your budget? Chanman tables have an excellent reputation.

I have built 2 tables and helped build 2 more. If you have tools and some carpentry skills building a basic table is not too difficult.

If your budget is really tight you might start with a table topper.

I can provide some links if you give me a bit more detail.

If you're a good woodworker, then build your own is the best bang for buck, as many people who have done it here can attest.

Get a custom cloth from Chanman, in any case.

What is your budget? Chanman tables have an excellent reputation.

I have built 2 tables and helped build 2 more. If you have tools and some carpentry skills building a basic table is not too difficult.

If your budget is really tight you might start with a table topper.

I can provide some links if you give me a bit more detail.
Probably maxing at $500. Theres 1 table that always pops up for about $450 that looks decent but its hard to tell. Its the espn table and theres a blue and brown version of the same looking table

Probably maxing at $500. Theres 1 table that always pops up for about $450 that looks decent but its hard to tell. Its the espn table and theres a blue and brown version of the same looking table
I ordered that ESPN table and then the company contacted me saying they had one left and they noticed it was damaged as they were preparing to ship it to me, so they refunded my order.

The barrington table and ESPN table were a lot cheaper on Walmart when they were in stock. Not sure if/when they might be back.

Yeah these are the exact ones im thinking of getting. They look decent and sturdy

With this budget I think you will be happier with either building it yourself or buying it used from Facebook Market Place or Craigslist. How about this one that is located in Knoxville? I don't think that is too far from you. It looks like a steal at $50 if you don't mind a chip tray insert.

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/fuo/d/knoxville-poker-table/7454689682.html

If you decide to build your own you can find good instructions here, lots of videos on youtube or where I started some 20+ years ago, Home Poker Tourney - https://homepokertourney.org/. A few initial recommendations:

1. For your first table, keep it simple.
2. Don't cheap out on the legs. A wobbly table is no fun. I will be buying a set at gorilla gaming (https://gorillagaming.net/gorilla-legs/) in the near future.
3. Watch lots of videos, especially about upholstering the rail. My wife and I did my first table together without having any idea what we were doing, and it nearly caused a divorce.

Hope this helps!

If you have $500 and have (or have a friend with) rudimentary carpentry skills, you can build a much nicer table than anything that could be purchased at that price point.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom