Poker table raffle interest thread (1 Viewer)

What kind of raffle would you want to see?

• Basic table: $20/ticket / $600 value

Votes: 79 58.5%
  • Basic table: $40-50/ticket / $600 value

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • Low end custom: $50/ticket / $2000 value

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • Low end custom: $100/ticket / $2000 value

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • High end custom: $50/ticket / $4000 value

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • High end custom: $100/ticket / $4000 value

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • High end custom: $200/ticket / $4000 value

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
sorry I missed the second one, hope you have another, but much thanks for the two, very cool

For our next raffle, it will be for a $2000 USD poker table / credit.

I'm debating whether it should make it $50/ticket for 40 tickets, or $20/tickets and try to sell 100 tickets.

Feedback is welcome, I did not make this a choice in the poll so please chime in and let me know which you would prefer or think would have better success.

Thanks.

Also available for "store credit"? Maybe I'm the only one but at this point in time I would prefer two basic (or slightly upgraded) tables over one decked out table.

multiple $20 tickets >>>>>>>> single higher priced ticket

I'm debating whether it should make it $50/ticket for 40 tickets, or $20/tickets and try to sell 100 tickets.

$20 is easier for us gamblers. People who want to risk $60 or $80 but not $100 get to buy three or four, instead of one $50 ticket. Plus you don't lose all the "$20 only" bettors.

I suppose there's more bookkeeping for you, but $20 entries will probably lead to more dollars in sales, quicker.

To draw a similar analogy, it's highly likely that a seller will get more than twice the number of buyers for chips priced at $1 than for $2 chips.... even around here. :)

$20 seems to be the sweet spot when it comes to tossing money at a good cause or deal.

If creating invoices for every entry is an issue, you can always have 1 person escrow and collect entries from everyone plus update the raffle list for you. That way you have 1 invoice for a total amount to 1 person, and don't have to scramble to keep up with updating the list.

The only catch to this is that the entries paid to the escrow will need to be through Friends & Family to avoid fees. With your current setup entries can be bought with a credit card since you are a business account.

Just a thought!

Writing up all the invoices is just a bit of work, no biggie. I just can't batch transactions so I have to input each one individually. As far as I'm concerned, everyone is buying a gift card from me and everyone who's bought one has generously given them to Forty4 and Potsie1.

Having someone escrow the transactions would be great though. Easier on the books, plus then I don't incur 100x $0.30 transaction fees on top of the % fee.

As for sales, it looks like the consensus is the $20 options and so it shall be.

Also available for "store credit"? Maybe I'm the only one but at this point in time I would prefer two basic (or slightly upgraded) tables over one decked out table.

The raffles are actually all store credit since each transaction is actually a $20 gift card sale. The value happens to be the same as a basic table with a custom cloth + shipping. You can use the credit as you wish. Forty4 has already said he's probably not going to get the basic table and opt for a different style and apply the credit.

Let me do the math...

fermatshomer01.jpg

Does not expire.

For our next raffle, it will be for a $2000 USD poker table / credit.

Feedback is welcome, I did not make this a choice in the poll so please chime in and let me know which you would prefer or think would have better success.

Thanks.

$2000 USD is $2649 CAD according to Google and that would cover the table I've been longing after. Totally in for this raffle.

"Custom Table # 1
Basic round >48" up to 60" - Table Type $995.00
Custom Printed Gaming Suede - Playing Surface $395.00
Colored Vinyl - Rail Material $105.00
Wood or Plastic Trim - Raised Rail $185.00
Inverted Pyramid - Table Legs $575.00
Subtotal: $2,255.00
Amount Due: $2,255.00"

Gonna buy multiple tickets and use my one time here lol.

Next raffle is going to be Monday 6pm PST. The raffle will be for $20 tickets with 100 tickets available for a $2,000 USD / $2,700 CAD poker table.

@btbmason will be collecting funds on my behalf. More details will be in the raffle #3 thread. Be on the lookout tomorrow evening.

Next raffle is going to be Monday 6pm PST. The raffle will be for $20 tickets with 100 tickets available for a $2,000 USD / $2,700 CAD poker table.

I can't believe I missed the two basic table raffles. Based on the level of interest, it looks like you could run one of these every week.

A post in the classifieds section might also help spread the word that these raffles are taking place.. :whistle: :whistling:

Last edited:

@btbmason will be collecting funds on my behalf. More details will be in the raffle #3 thread. Be on the lookout tomorrow evening.

Today?

happy to be an alternate for the next. Especially if it locks me a ticket!

I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately if you are doing the escrow, you're not permitted to participate in the raffle.

Just to be clear, the raffle will start tonight. Tickets go on sale at 6pm PST and will close once 100 tickets are sold.

If you don't know if you'll be online at that time, it's best to ask someone to buy a ticket on your behalf. No pre-sales. The last 2 raffles both sold out within 2 hours for 40 tickets. This one is 100 tickets so it should take longer but you never know...

I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately if you are doing the escrow, you're not permitted to participate in the raffle.

Just to be clear, the raffle will start tonight. Tickets go on sale at 6pm PST and will close once 100 tickets are sold.

If you don't know if you'll be online at that time, it's best to ask someone to buy a ticket on your behalf. No pre-sales. The last 2 raffles both sold out within 2 hours for 40 tickets. This one is 100 tickets so it should take longer but you never know...
Of course. I am not ready for another table yet.so just let me know if you need escrow assistance. I am online much more than I should be. Best of luck on a great idea and IMHO value to PCF.

Thanks for the offer Joe, but btbmason has already volunteered for this raffle, he will be the designated escrow for today's raffle.

I'll keep you in mind for the next one. But since you're not doing the escrow it means you can buy a ticket :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom