Poker table raffle interest thread (3 Viewers)

What kind of raffle would you want to see?

• Basic table: $20/ticket / $600 value

Votes: 79 58.5%
  • Basic table: $40-50/ticket / $600 value

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • Low end custom: $50/ticket / $2000 value

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • Low end custom: $100/ticket / $2000 value

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • High end custom: $50/ticket / $4000 value

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • High end custom: $100/ticket / $4000 value

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • High end custom: $200/ticket / $4000 value

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Lets give this a try. Who wants to participate in a raffle for a poker table? The results of this interest thread will dictate the actual raffle.

3 main choices jump to mind:

1) A cheap ticket for a basic table. A basic 8 player table with a custom cloth is $800 CAD or $600 USD + shipping. Tickets can sell for $20 USD which would need 30 tickets to be sold, or $40-50 only needing 12-15 tickets sold.

2) A medium priced ticket for a table that's valued up to $2000, same principle applies. Cheaper tickets needs more sold.

3) A high end custom table for $4000 which needs a lot of interest from people who are willing to spend $100-200 on a ticket and still need 20-40 tickets sold.

The winner can opt to use the value as a credit towards a table of greater value and would be responsible for any shipping costs if it's over the value of the table they choose. ie. If they want to go with the 10 player basic table but win the option 1) raffle, they can pay the $75 difference plus shipping.

Or, if they actually want to buy a more expensive custom table but the raffle is for the $600 option, they can use it as credit towards their purchase.

For example if we do a $50/ticket raffle for the $2k option, you can design a table that's $1800 which allows another $200 for the shipping. If the final cost is $2050, then the winner pays an extra $50.

For this raffle, I will offer 5% off the sticker price of the custom build. The values are in USD which gets you a lot because my website prices are in CAD. www.chanmanpokertables.com/pricing.
Approx conversion rates you can use:
$1 CAD = $0.74 USD
$1 USD = $1.34 CAD
Actual conversion rate used will be the rate of the day the raffle ends.

Shipping a basic table within Canada or to the USA to a business address is around $150 or to a residence around $250. Custom tables cost more to ship since they usually have bulkier legs and weigh more.

Basic tables thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/basic-tables-for-sale.11759/
8 player table, cup holders in the rail, black vinyl rail, folding legs and custom felt for $600 USD or $800 CAD.

I'm not sure what to vote for, but definitely interested in participating.

There's also no reason I can't do 2 raffles if there's 2 very popular choices. I have a feeling we may get a popular vote for basic tables, and some interest as well for one of the custom options.

Normally, I'd say high end custom....but with one on the way, I have to say (edited post) low end custom and I'm in! Who can't use a 2nd (or 3rd) table??

Last edited:
I might be in depending on the final choice. Was going to build another table this summer, but this could be easier :)

^^^^^yup same here. Awesome of you to even think about raffling for us. (y) :thumbsup:

I would be in for the medium priced ticket ($2000) custom

I'd be in for sure! Prefer the lower cost, but not opposed to a higher cost raffle if that's what happens.

Preliminary results are in. I'll start off with a raffle for a basic table with $20 tickets. The raffle will be for a basic 8 player table with shipping included. The 8 player table is more popular so if you want to up it to the 10 player, you'll have to add another $75. If the winner wants to stay with the basic 8, then there's no extra cost. I'll post up the official raffle shortly.

A 2nd raffle will be in the works as well for option 3: Low end custom: $50/ticket / $2000 value.

I'm sure I would be in, don't really need one but hey why not. Not even sure what I would do with a 4000 dollar table, so probably the high quality Basic table would be the best option for me.

It takes a true visionary to come up with an idea like this :whistle: :whistling:
image.jpg

Just like that, the raffle was started and finished within 2 hours! 40 tickets sold like THAT.

Next up will be the option 3: Low end custom: $50/ticket / $2000 value.

I imagine that one will take a bit longer than 2 hours to fill up, but I'll get it rolling.

Would you consider a Poker Table Club?

Imagine 12 people want a $600 basic table ($800 after shipping). If they each save, say, $50 a month towards a table, in 16 months, they can all buy a table.... and, in 16 months, you get orders for 12 tables at once.

But if they form a Buyer's Club, they can do this:
Each commits to sending you $50 a month.
You do a random lottery for table order.
In one month, you've gotten $600.
In the second month, you've gotten $1200. You produce and ship one table to the first person on the list, there's $400 left.
Next month, they send in $600... $1000 total. Next table goes out.
Etc.

At the end of 16 months, all 12 people have their tables, nobody had to pay $800 all at once, and best of all, some people got their tables 10 or 12 months early, and you had the 12 table builds spread out over 16 months.

If anyone misses their payment along they way, they go to the back of the line and the table ships to the next person in line. People can swap places after the draw for order.

There is, of course, some risk that the first person to get a table stops making payments... you can't offer any discount on the table because of the risk, and you need to know your customers, but this is totally doable.

Note: I'm not interested in being involved in one, at the moment, but ever since I heard about people doing this (usually as a Vacation Club), I've thought it was a cool concept.

Missed out on this. I assume you will run more of these. I would be interested in a basic 10 man table with the possibility to upgrade to custom felt.

tagging this thread for sure. I have no idea how i missed the last one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom