Poker table - race track or no race track? (1 Viewer)

So going to post a little oppo here. I am a fan of a racetrack, I personally love the look and the way they accent a table. I know most folks say the felt can have a fake racetrack look but not the same IMO. I am currently waiting on a table from the man himself and its being built with a racetrack. I like having my chips stacked on a hard surface. I am also putting the cupholders in the racetrack. once again not a problem with space but I like the look of the clean suede rail and the racetrack with cupholders. With a raised rail, I also like I can deal above my bourbon with the cupholder in front of me.

I host a casual game 6 times a year and this piece is going to be prominent in my basement so looks were at the front of the line. I agree with what others have said and if I took a poll probably most players prefer no R/T but then again I did not build this table for the 75% of the serious players just the 10 guys at my house 6 times a year. If you game is for grinders playing 8 hours of poker 2-3 times a week you might want the felt only option. Just depends on what your game is going to be and who all will be there IMO.

So going to post a little oppo here. I am a fan of a racetrack, I personally love the look and the way they accent a table. I know most folks say the felt can have a fake racetrack look but not the same IMO. I am currently waiting on a table from the man himself and its being built with a racetrack. I like having my chips stacked on a hard surface. I am also putting the cupholders in the racetrack. once again not a problem with space but I like the look of the clean suede rail and the racetrack with cupholders. With a raised rail, I also like I can deal above my bourbon with the cupholder in front of me.

I host a casual game 6 times a year and this piece is going to be prominent in my basement so looks were at the front of the line. I agree with what others have said and if I took a poll probably most players prefer no R/T but then again I did not build this table for the 75% of the serious players just the 10 guys at my house 6 times a year. If you game is for grinders playing 8 hours of poker 2-3 times a week you might want the felt only option. Just depends on what your game is going to be and who all will be there IMO.
I can agree if
-your chips are plastics, including high-end ones, or ceramics (for the sake of the chips)
-your players do not shuffle chips on the racetrack (for the sake of everybody's ears).
Sure, it seems it's going to be hell of a beautiful table.

I'll join the consensus - no racetrack.

Racetracks suck in all practical applications folks have already noted (handling chips, looking at your cards, etc). The most important thing about a table is functionality/playability.

My table has cup holders in the rail. If I could do it all over I'd omit them. Much prefer side tables and keeping drinks far away from the table.

Dictating where players must respectively sit and place their drinks -- no matter how uncomfortable it may be for them -- is lunacy and disrespectful.
This should be posted everywhere

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom