Poker table option (1 Viewer)

Theluckyhand2

Two Pair
Reaction score
I’m thinking of downsizing my poker table size and I’m more than likely going to get an custom octagon table with a nice hard wood probably hickory or oak.

what does everyone prefer in that situation and any ideas for additional accessories other than cup holders. Debating on trying to get a built in chip tray drawer for storage of cash sets but I don’t know yet

If you’re set on an octagon don’t ask for opinions as most will say go round for flexibility when playing with more or less than eight. Quite a lot posted already about preferences. Check out @T_Chan or other forum vendors listed you should be able to find what YOU want.
I’ll look I to it thanks for the reference

Depends on how big the round table is. Best to figure out the circumference, then divide by the number of players. To be comfortable, you should allow at least 22" of rail space per player.

"Go round for flexibility when playing with less than eight."

Octagons look a lot cooler though.

I would think a chip tray would be pretty awkward in that shape table? Functionally speaking, I mean: I’m imagining less space to shuffle, etc.

"Go round for flexibility when playing with less than eight."

Octagons look a lot cooler though.

I would think a chip tray would be pretty awkward in that shape table? Functionally speaking, I mean: I’m imagining less space to shuffle, etc.
I was thinking a tray under the table to store probably 300-500 chips. I like having space to shuffle chips as well while I play. I’m not a huge fan of the round look though but I’ve also never played on a one before

Yeah, if you want an octagon because you prefer them aesthetically, and that is really important to you, than go for it. But playability wise round just makes a ton more sense. Most people will say the same, so that's the last I will mention it. As far as a slide under chip storage tray, I think that would be awkward without a dealer spot in the table. But if you have your heart set on it, do it!

Yeah, if you want an octagon because you prefer them aesthetically, and that is really important to you, than go for it. But playability wise round just makes a ton more sense. Most people will say the same, so that's the last I will mention it. As far as a slide under chip storage tray, I think that would be awkward without a dealer spot in the table. But if you have your heart set on it, do it!
I am still debating on that chip tray under the table I like the idea of it but it really would only work with a 10 player table. On one hand I like the look of the octagon more that a round table and on the other it’s more practical to go with a round for functional use.

I would recommend putting a chip tray under a side table if you have space. That way you can sit in different seats and it can be moved to be behind you wherever you sit. Side tables are very useful if you have food/snacks at your game.

I would recommend putting a chip tray under a side table if you have space. That way you can sit in different seats and it can be moved to be behind you wherever you sit. Side tables are very useful if you have food/snacks at your game.
I’m planing on building a few side tables for home games and I didn’t think about adding chip trays Into it. That’s a pretty good idea and I appreciate it. I think I might draw something up for a side table

I think an octagon is a great idea. I also think it is more efficient than a circle, at least for 8 players, but I’m not going to debate geometry.
But I wonder where you’d put the cup holders on an octagon. I believe they belong in the corners, but since that’s where the seams are, I’m not sure that can happen?

I think an octagon is a great idea. I also think it is more efficient than a circle, at least for 8 players, but I’m not going to debate geometry.
But I wonder where you’d put the cup holders on an octagon. I believe they belong in the corners, but since that’s where the seams are, I’m not sure that can happen?
I generally see them about 1-2inches to the left of the seem so that the holder are on the right on player. I also see the little chip trays they implement so its in front of the player.In few cases i've seen them on all corners so there are 16of them but thats just to much.

Solution is easy. Cupholders in the middle of each position...I do love a good "cupholder location" debate though. LOL

Seriously though, don't people rest both their arms on the rail when they play? That would put your arms right over a cupholder if they weren't centered on the seating positions. Unless there are people with arms growing out of their sternums that I don't know about. And NO, the drink does not get in the way of your chips and if you shuffle chips, then the chips are off-center anyway based on whatever arm your shuffling with. But ultimately I don't care as long as I have a beer available to me.

Solution is easy. Cupholders in the middle of each position...I do love a good "cupholder location" debate though. LOL

Seriously though, don't people rest both their arms on the rail when they play? That would put your arms right over a cupholder if they weren't centered on the seating positions. Unless there are people with arms growing out of their sternums that I don't know about. And NO, the drink does not get in the way of your chips and if you shuffle chips, then the chips are off-center anyway based on whatever arm your shuffling with. But ultimately I don't care as long as I have a beer available to me.
I prefer them in front as well. I don’t bump into my ever so delicious beverage if it right in front

Reactions: 72o
Ok so I finally have a design and set up that I’m aiming for on my new custom table. Going to be working with BBO poker tables to process and fix all the flaws I have so far do to I’m no designer by any means lol .

Ive decided to stay with the 10 person table set up but add my own little family surnam Touch to it and so far it looks good to me. I’ll be looking at new options when I get in touch with the designer.
Mostly would like to see a better option for my bet line but I’d still be ok with a solid line
Aand of course loose the shape lines lol
A533D604-2B9E-4100-9CE7-90B9F0E0E34C.jpeg

Ok so I finally have a design and set up that I’m aiming for on my new custom table. Going to be working with BBO poker tables to process and fix all the flaws I have so far do to I’m no designer by any means lol .

Ive decided to stay with the 10 person table set up but add my own little family surnam Touch to it and so far it looks good to me. I’ll be looking at new options when I get in touch with the designer.
Mostly would like to see a better option for my bet line but I’d still be ok with a solid line
Aand of course loose the shape lines lol
View attachment 616868

What are the dimensions of your table? That looks like it's 15 feet long!

Lol I know I’m not the best at designing it’s just a rough design estimate nothing about length but it will be 92in x 44in x 30in

Have a couple felt ideas sent by BBO poker tables not to long ago and few more on the way I really love the bottom one
02E27729-C167-40E5-8854-8ACDD70CB013.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom