Poker Table Forum restarting? (1 Viewer)

tigon

Straight
Reaction score
I was wondering if the content from there would be transferred over here. Looks like there's a new oddly familiar logo and text indicating there will be a reboot instead.

I asked if the content could be recovered and preserved when I took over the domain name. Tony said too much time had past since the site went offline and the content was gone. :(

I asked if the content could be recovered and preserved when I took over the domain name. Tony said too much time had past since the site went offline and the content was gone. :(

A real tragedy IMHO. PTF was one of my go to sites, and I tried to contribute content as much as possible. However, it seems that table builders (that build multiple tables) are not that common. It seems like we'd get a new person that was looking to learn how to build their first table, they come and participate for a while, then after the dust settled on their "build" they'd forget about the site...

Not gonna lie, I'm still kinda mad at Tony... (ok, not really mad) - But I understand his reasoning.

Some of it can be retrieved using the Wayback Machine. Here's a sample I got from August 14, 2013:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150218121132/http://pokertableforum.com/index.php?topic=2.0

I think it would be worth the effort to salvage as much of the poker table builds and tutorial sections; there are some other great sections as well. Just google 'wayback machine' and you'll find this site.

I have tried this for Scott Keen's old site, but haven't been successful yet.

Of course, someone could get in touch with Julian Assange, as he seems to know to get a hold of anything that has even been posted on the Internet. :)

Last edited:
Some of it can be retrieved using the Wayback Machine. Here's a sample I got from August 14, 2013:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150218121132/http://pokertableforum.com/index.php?topic=2.0

I think it would be worth the effort to salvage as much of the poker table builds and tutorial sections; there are some other great sections as well. Just google 'wayback machine' and you'll find this site.

I have tried this for Scott Keen's old site, but haven't been successful yet.

Of course, someone could get in touch with Julian Assange, as he seems to know to get a hold of anything that has even been posted on the Internet. :)

OK that thread link should have it's OWN sticky in the PCF table section... Epic thread on the old site.

I thought about re-launching it as a new forum a few times. I could also expand the poker table section here too. Just not sure. We do get a lot of visitors coming from the page I have up now on PTF.

Thanks for update tommy. I think you should just expand the table forum here. And use the old site to reroute traffic to that sub forum here.

It was hard to let go of PTF. I put a lot of work into it and it just never got a lot of traction. On a really good day there would be 10 new posts. There just isn't enough poker table builders anymore to support a table building forum. I think that it belongs as a sub-category of a more active forum like this one.

PTF can be reborn here, on PCF in the Tables, Seating & Furniture section. New tutorials can be produced and build threads can be posted. It is a shame that the old content was lost, just like how a lot was lost going from Scott Keen's forum to PTF. But PTF restarted and did have a lot of good content so there's no reason it can't be redone here.

Members here are very active and contribute a lot of great information so I'm sure that the table section will be brimming with new resources in no time.

@RowdyRawhide What sub-forums would you suggest?

I'd bring it up a level and at least these subs: home builds, commercial tables, table pr0n, and "chairs, carts, cabinets etc. "
I think AT nailed it for the most part but I would definitely ask TChan and Irish for sure. I'm sure there are other builders here too that I am forgetting. I'm just a shade tree carpenter getting ready for my first build in the next month or so. I really liked the tool section on PTF too.

I think the chairs should have their own sub forum in here too if feasible.

Maybe :

Poker tables and furniture
-Home made Poker tables
-Commercial poker tables
-Chairs
-Other tables
-Carts, cabinets, and misc
-Tools
-Other poker room furnishings

I'm sure I'm forgetting something

Rather than Home Poker Tables, Commercial Tables, and then Other Tables, maybe something a tad more simplified, like:

Table Builds (for tutorials/build threads to help new people see how a table is built or show off a build)
Table Pr0n (general table photos)
Poker Room Furniture (chairs, cabinets, chip storage, etc...)
Table Building Supplies and Resources (tools, web links)

Each sub could have stickies with various important threads (builder or web links, for example)

I like the idea of more subs, but in reality, I don't think we're at that point yet... Too many portals might make navigation/finding content more difficult at this point.

I think it's probably best to not start any sub-forums. One forum for all of these categories is probably enough with some stickies at the top for a tables pr0n gallery, tutorials sticky with links to any tutorial threads and same with a builds thread.

Maybe one more sticky which is "Useful tips" thread which contains info and links to tools & supplies.

In my opinion there just won't be enough threads in a table/furniture section to make it worth splitting up into sub-forums.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom