Poker Table Dimensions Question (1 Viewer)

CraigT78

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering building a new poker table to replace one of my octagon tables. The thing is , I don't have a lot of space as we are not blessed with full size basements in Texas :(.

The question I have is what is the smallest size oval table that will hold 9/10/11 players. Ideally I would only normally seat 8, but would make it 9/10/11 when needing to break the tables and get a cash game started. I was thinking 72"x42" would be a decent size - but could I get 10 around that in a pinch? Wall to wall I have 134" to work with. I want a table that would fit in that space and still allow people to squeeze around to get to the beer and bathroom. Any idea what the footprint required for a table would be? I could probably go as big as 82 inches, but don't want to have to have people get up to let others out from the other side of the table.

Thoughts?

I can squeeze 10 in a pinch onto a 76 x 38, using folding chairs. In your case, I'd go with 80 x 40 -- put one end closer to the wall, and use the other end for the walk-around traffic.

Made this folding table as a spare (traveler). 6' 10" ellipse oval. Seats 8 or 10 in a pinch

Attachments

• IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 171
I can squeeze 10 in a pinch onto a 76 x 38, using folding chairs. In your case, I'd go with 80 x 40 -- put one end closer to the wall, and use the other end for the walk-around traffic.
Thanks - I didn't consider keeping one end closer to the wall for walk around traffic on the other side. 80" would work in my space.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom