Poker table build with cups in rail (2 Viewers)

tooth_doc

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all.
I'm kicking around the idea of a new table build. I have not built a table in probably 7 years. I have built mainly racetracks with the cups in the track...
But I want to build a table with the cups in the rail. Can't find any plans. Also might give a raised rail with lighting a crack.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
hanks in advance.
Have a great weekend.
Charlie

Without getting into a huge debate over cup holders, moving them from the racetrack to the rail is a great move. You’re going to want to make some spacer rings to keep the cup holders from sliding too far down into the foam. The rest is pretty much like upholstering a normal rail.

Without getting into a huge debate over cup holders, moving them from the racetrack to the rail is a great move. You’re going to want to make some spacer rings to keep the cup holders from sliding too far down into the foam. The rest is pretty much like upholstering a normal rail.
Are the spacer rings hard to make? Or can they be bought?

I’ve seen them being sold on this forum and elsewhere. I’ve made them before using two hole saws. I’ve also made them with a router and a circle jig. If I ever need to make them again I might try 3D printing them.

The spacer rings are very easy to make if you have the right tools - ie a router with a jasper circle jig. Using some of the leftover ¾” plywood scraps (the corner cut-off scraps work perfect), I cut wood rings with an inner diameter matching the cup holder holes in the rail, and an outer diameter about 1/2" wider (so the ring is about 1/4" thick).

Here's my setup:

Secure one of the corner cutoffs as a base / scrap piece:

IMG_0003.JPG

Screw another corner piece on top of this, and trace out where your rings will fall to make sure they'll fit without overlapping. Notice the screw placement - you'll need to make sure you have the piece secured both inside and outside each ring (just make sure your inside screws clear the router bit!)

IMG_0007.JPG

Make both the inner and out cuts:

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

Clean them up with some sand paper and you're good to go.

IMG_0017.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom