Poker Strategy Sub-Forum added

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
By community request, a 'Poker Strategy' sub-forum has been added to the Tournaments and Cash Games section.

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Thanks, Tommy! Feel free to move the thread I just started in Off-topic to the new sub-forum :)

MoscowRadio

Flush
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks, Tommy! I'm playing a tournament tonight, so I'm sure I'll be posting there shortly.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome! Will do jbutler.

I'm glad nobody quoted that announcement. I got my words all mixed up. LOL Already fixed!

grandgnu

A new beginning
Reaction score
All we need is Dr. now....
Awesome job Tommy, and I echo what Puggy said. I did pm the good doc over at the other site but not sure if he got it as it was during the problem phase. I'm going to give it another shot now that the site there is semi-stable

Looks like everyone else has tried reaching him too, his pm box is full :(

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
Awesome job Tommy, and I echo what Puggy said. I did pm the good doc over at the other site but not sure if he got it as it was during the problem phase. I'm going to give it another shot now that the site there is semi-stable

Looks like everyone else has tried reaching him too, his pm box is full :(

He joined today. Check out the member list.

grandgnu

A new beginning
Reaction score
Awesome news Tommy. I think making Strategy a SUB-forum, however, is a mistake. It just gets lost in the shuffle, imo. I'd have Strategy as it's own primary forum. I don't think we have (or will have) the traffic to justify further expanding that (into cash game vs. tournament, Hold Em vs Other Games, etc) but definitely making Poker Strategy it's own primary forum I think is a good idea. Anyone else think so (or wish to counter with keeping it a sub-forum)?

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
I'd put the forum up front where people can see it. Subforums get lost in the site and are unseen by a broad swath of users.

My $0.02 -=- DrStrange
Its a very good suggestion. I was going to wait until it had a few threads in it before putting it as a main forum first.

grandgnu

A new beginning
Reaction score
Its a very good suggestion. I was going to wait until it had a few threads in it before putting it as a main forum first.
I can understand that, although having it as a primary forum sooner will likely get it to start looking like a primary forum sooner (i.e. encourage more posts and participation). Keeping it a sub-forum will probably increase the time it takes for the strat forum to "look presentable" significantly.

links_slayer

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I'm guessing I'm not alone but I rarely - if ever - visit the forum main page. My bookmark is set to New Posts - much more convenient than sorting through the forums and sub-forums from the main page. You can also see which forum/sub-forum the post is in. I did/do the same thing at CT. Just offering a suggestion that I have found useful.

CdnBeerLover

Full House
Reaction score
I'm guessing I'm not alone but I rarely - if ever - visit the forum main page. My bookmark is set to New Posts - much more convenient than sorting through the forums and sub-forums from the main page. You can also see which forum/sub-forum the post is in. I did/do the same thing at CT. Just offering a suggestion that I have found useful.
There's a main page? :p

You aren't alone. I pretty much just use the New Posts button as well.

DrStrange

Full House
Reaction score
Any hope of getting suit characters? Or maybe we do have suits and I just missed them. I think strategy threads read better when the suits are images rather than text.

DrStrange

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
Any hope of getting suit characters? Or maybe we do have suits and I just missed them. I think strategy threads read better when the suits are images rather than text.

DrStrange
Too add like smilies?

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
Ok, I will add them tomorrow.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
Ok, i just added them. You can type the code for each card wrapped in colons. Or click on the smilie->More in the editor bar.

Code:
Examples
:ah: :6d:
:ah::6d:

Top Bottom