Poker solvers and live game strategy (1 Viewer)

djkahled

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello, Im a fairly new poker player and I have noticed that a lot of youtubers use poker solvers to explain strategy. Are there any good ones out there that arent ridiculously expensive and still good?

Also how much can you learn from these solvers and how would it translate to live games? Do you guys think its more important to play odds or "the man" in a a live game?

GTO+ is most bang for the buck.

As far as using them... You have to do some real work to understand the "why" of what solvers will tell you. To even begin using them, you have to have a good idea of your entire range and your opponent's entire range. And they only work with heads up scenarios. No multiway spots. You also need a decently beefy PC. Ideally 8+ core and 16gb RAM.

They are a good supplement to live game play. As it will really help you understand what you should be doing with different hands in your range in certain spots. However, solvers assume your opponent is playing optimally too. So while I think they offer a great baseline, the solutions are not always going to be the most maximally profitable play in a live game in a given scenario.

The cheapest way not to buy a solver but still try hundreds of different solves by position and stack size, I would recommend https://www.gtotrainer.com/

They have a few different monthly pricing options for you to try it out for a short period of time. This site has a database of hundreds and hundreds of solves developed by some of the best players in the world and used by some of the best players in the world to drill specific spots that are more common. The benefit to this would be having the solves already completed and not having to run a specific spot for over an hour at a time. Highly recommend if you are studying game theory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom