Poker... Shed? (1 Viewer)

EventHorizonVII

Two Pair
Reaction score
We downsized from around 3000sqft to 1700. Good bye man cave and poker room space.

My table is actually in the utility shed on our new property, not being used. Sadness pie!

That shed is at the bottom of a hill, not ideal for folks coming to play. Considering a new shed closer to a side of the house and then finishing it on the inside, wiring etc with a door.

Anyone ever done something like that? Cost for the shed is about $3k, finishing is probably going to be a few hundred more.

Someone here has an epic shed/backhouse set up for poker... Can't remember exactly who though. Maybe it's the Hitching Post? @Mr Tree

Someone here has an epic shed/backhouse set up for poker... Can't remember exactly who though. Maybe it's the Hitching Post? @Mr Tree

Moki on 2+2 has a sick setup. I played there a few years back and its been upgraded since.

Boom...
https://www.tuffshed.com/manuels-man-cave/

mancave.jpg

I hope you can keep the costs down.

For a relatively simple insulated 10x10 outbuildling with full poured foundation, 12V solar lights and single electrical plug, no plumbing, I was quoted $22,000 Canadian. Was planning it as an art studio for my wife, but we ended up renovating an interior room instead.

For a relatively simple insulated 10x10 outbuildling with full poured foundation, 12V solar lights and single electrical plug, no plumbing, I was quoted $22,000 Canadian. Was planning it as an art studio for my wife, but we ended up renovating an interior room instead.

Woooow. This side of the frozen tundra and igloos, my friend had a 2 car garage built with an upstairs office/poker room for about that much. He passed all the wiring himself, then had a licensed electrician connect everything to the electrical panel.

I forget the size but he can fit 2 full size trucks in there with room along the walls and up front for shelving, counters, tool chests etc.

Yeah I see someone answered it directly below but it is Lars you are thinking of. He also did competition bbq.

Goodness!

I will be doing the concrete and most of the interior. Brother in law is an electrician so that will just cost me beer. Which I brew anyway!

This all won't happen until next year probably but I will definitely be logging it for posterity.. Personal posterity any way lol

Ideally I'd like to have the back wall fitted with a wet bar and keezer. I think my biggest concern is waste disposal. The cost to run a pipe from the septic tank to a 2 piece probably won't be cheap. Plumbing, electric and the building itself are the only things I won't be doing myself.

Goodness!

I will be doing the concrete and most of the interior. Brother in law is an electrician so that will just cost me beer. Which I brew anyway!

This all won't happen until next year probably but I will definitely be logging it for posterity.. Personal posterity any way lol

Ideally I'd like to have the back wall fitted with a wet bar and keezer. I think my biggest concern is waste disposal. The cost to run a pipe from the septic tank to a 2 piece probably won't be cheap. Plumbing, electric and the building itself are the only things I won't be doing myself.

Sounds like am awesome idea - grown up club house!!
Looking forward to seeing it come to life.

888156797819f1f147d0d06e7036003b.jpg

The rules in my city only allow for an outbuilding of maximum 100 sq ft to be built without a permit. Anything larger and it counts against the limit of interior square feet that can be built depending on the lot size, zoning, number of stories, etc. I think I'm maxed out on that already. There's plenty of examples from local contractors who have done small outbuildings for home offices, exercise rooms, art studios, just plain storage, etc. But when it comes down to it, it's like building a tiny house. "She-shed" is quickly becoming as big a thing as "Man-cave".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom