Poker rooms in Paris? (1 Viewer)

rjdev7

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I’m in Paris this week until Sunday and was curious if anyone knows if there are any poker rooms worth trying out? I’m probably trying to play stakes 5/5 or lower. Thanks in advance!

Also, I don’t speak French, only English. Will that be a problem or do some dealers speak English as well? I guess I’m only concerned about understanding precise bet sizings.

There are indeed poker rooms in Paris, which side of town are you? I can recommend 2 without hesitation:

Club Pierre Charron https://www.clubpierrecharron.com/
Club Montmartre https://www.leclubmontmartre.com/

No difficulty for English, the staff is used to it. No concern about betting: the chips are RFID with a display screen at each table that shows the amount of the pot in real time. I guess the dealer will spot you quickly and will be kind enough to tell you the amounts in English if you are in a spot.

I advise you to arrive at the opening in order to make some registration formalities and to have a seat quickly. You will also need to show a COVID negative test or proof of vaccination. Evening can be crowded and the waiting list that can be much long.

If all this is not too much of a hassle for you, I recommend the experience!
Don't hesitate if you have any other questions

Cheers

There are indeed poker rooms in Paris, which side of town are you? I can recommend 2 without hesitation:

Club Pierre Charron https://www.clubpierrecharron.com/
Club Montmartre https://www.leclubmontmartre.com/

No difficulty for English, the staff is used to it. No concern about betting: the chips are RFID with a display screen at each table that shows the amount of the pot in real time. I guess the dealer will spot you quickly and will be kind enough to tell you the amounts in English if you are in a spot.

I advise you to arrive at the opening in order to make some registration formalities and to have a seat quickly. You will also need to show a COVID negative test or proof of vaccination. Evening can be crowded and the waiting list that can be much long.

If all this is not too much of a hassle for you, I recommend the experience!
Don't hesitate if you have any other questions

Cheers
Fancy! Sounds like I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!

I’m landing in Paris tomorrow so I’ll likely go later this week with my fiancé. Thanks for all the info!

79D85624-8CDA-4CE4-A454-9B5298FA1F2D.jpeg

Here we go! In for 500 at the 1/2 NL table. Won a few small pots so far. This room is super nice!!

I’m in Paris this week until Sunday and was curious if anyone knows if there are any poker rooms worth trying out? I’m probably trying to play stakes 5/5 or lower. Thanks in advance!

Also, I don’t speak French, only English. Will that be a problem or do some dealers speak English as well? I guess I’m only concerned about understanding precise bet sizings.
Welcome to Paris, the city of lights, long ago. Now closer to third world.
Anyway, if you want to play good poker, pm @BELGRADE
For anything else, please pm me and I'll do my best to help you out.

View attachment 820919
Here we go! In for 500 at the 1/2 NL table. Won a few small pots so far. This room is super nice!!
I told u, this is the best spot
Out for 710. That was such a fun and pleasant experience. Much nicer card room than many I’ve played in in the US. Thanks for the referral everyone!
You're welcome
You're right, the club is amazing, very comfy and cosy
What do you think about the field ? About the rake ? i'm pretty sure the rake is more expensive than US

I told u, this is the best spot

You're welcome
You're right, the club is amazing, very comfy and cosy
What do you think about the field ? About the rake ? i'm pretty sure the rake is more expensive than US
The players were far more passive than I’m used to. I could 3 or 4 bet and pretty much guarantee a fold. This was good and bad bc it meant a lot of small pots and few big ones.

I didn’t mind the rake that much, although it was crazy to me that they rake hands that don’t have a flop, and there was no minimum. E.g. .50 euro chips introduced when the pot was less than 5 euro.

All in all though, it was very pleasant!

The players were far more passive than I’m used to. I could 3 or 4 bet and pretty much guarantee a fold. This was good and bad bc it meant a lot of small pots and few big ones.

I didn’t mind the rake that much, although it was crazy to me that they rake hands that don’t have a flop, and there was no minimum. E.g. .50 euro chips introduced when the pot was less than 5 euro.

All in all though, it was very pleasant!
Yep this is a new rules unfortunately, every pot is rake even the chop/chop

interesting 3d.

I will be in Paris last weekend of january 2022, I plan visiting a few of these new club

I have been in Paris last time in 2017 when all new clubs were not yet open, just took a picture at old, closed ACF when walking on Champs-Élysées.

Senza nome.jpg

Here’s another pic I forgot to post of the automated “score board” that shows you pot sizes, rakes, etc. for current hand in progress at your table. I found this really helpful and wish it was more common.

ED720EE2-AAA8-411E-B729-06E7CA5FB94E.jpeg

Is Club charron still going and open? Will be going to Paris in about 5 weeks, and looking to get a session or two while the ms. goes shopping

Sweet! Was this a room with entrance fee, membership, rake by hand or rake by hour?

No entrance or membership fees required, you just have to register with your ID card. The rake is by hand:
From 1/2 to 5/5 rake is 4% (not capped)

NL Holdem : 1/2 - 2/4 - 5/5 - 5/10 - 10/20. PL Omaha : 2/4 - 5/5 - 5/10 - 10/20. Min buy-in: 50BB, Max buy-in for 1/2 tables: 500€, no max buy-in for higher stakes.

You also can see the waiting list in real time here:
https://www.clubpierrecharron.com/poker/texas-hold-em

Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else!

No entrance or membership fees required, you just have to register with your ID card. The rake is by hand:
From 1/2 to 5/5 rake is 4% (not capped)

NL Holdem : 1/2 - 2/4 - 5/5 - 5/10 - 10/20. PL Omaha : 2/4 - 5/5 - 5/10 - 10/20. Min buy-in: 50BB, Max buy-in for 1/2 tables: 500€, no max buy-in for higher stakes.

You also can see the waiting list in real time here:
https://www.clubpierrecharron.com/poker/texas-hold-em

Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else!
Awesome, thanks alot! Haven’t been to anything but home games since before the pandemic, so looking forward to play in a poker room again!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom