Poker Room Art (3 Viewers)

I also use BlindsUp app, it doesn't do a lot of things correctly but it does allow you to post payouts in any amount you want. If you let the app figure pay outs by % it will use cents, so I input the payouts manually for a fixed amount, looks like what you are doing on your board?
What do you want it to do that it doesn't?

I used to have a formula setup in Dr Neau's tourney manager that changed the number of payouts based on buyins, and in a rebuy tournament based on buyins + rebuys. I can't remember exactly, but it had variables in it based on buyins and rebuys.

So for example, if there were <14 players, pay top 3 finishers at 50%, 30%, 20%. If number of players equals 14 or higher, change it so 4th place gets payout equal to buyin, remaining amount split up 50%, 30%, 20%...

Or if buyins + rebuys > = x... you could pay 4 places...

basically something like that. I don't remember the exact setup of the numbers for payouts.

Blindsup couldn't do that kind of formula based payout calculations. It actually seemed pretty buggy with just regular payout setup.

The creator said it would be able to handle all this in the new version, but that's pretty much vaporware.

Got some new stuff up today. Rat pack Art from my players, and the photos of the past 3 Tournament of Champions winners.
20180614_140846.jpg

I framed up my Desjgn uncut sheet. I found an old poster of Green Day where the frame was just big enough to fit the sheet. I took apart the frame but cracked the glass :( Once that happened I didn't bother covering up the poster in the background at the top and bottom, I'm going to get a proper frame eventually. Fortunately the crack is high up and not very obvious.

2018-06-14 12.33.29.jpg

@T_Chan where do you plan to frame your design cards? I have the sheet rolled up in my drawer because I can't find any suitable frames.

Maybe the best bet is going to a custom framing place. Michaels can probably do a custom job.

I made one of these miter sleds shown in the video link below for my table saw and I've built a bunch of frames with it, pretty easy to get perfect miters with the sled. Chan you can totally build these with your skills at woodworking. No reason to spend a ton of money at one of the frame places.

The "keep calm" frame as posted before, for example.
dNXwnJP.jpg

Some more I made with the miter sled

walnut with maple for my mom. That's my grandfather in the backseat of the front plane.

tzraU0L.jpg

rs4FORO.jpg

Prince "under the cherry frame" for my wife. You can't see it but there's maple splines on the corners.
stZo8Cf.jpg

Sor1XqW.jpg

She wasn't impressed. I'm should steal the frame back and use it for something else in the basement.

@Richard Cranium - awesome work! Funny to see this, just last week I started working on almost identical concepts with a thin strip of (light) Tasmanian oak inlaid in a (dark red) spotted gum for a very similar effect. I haven't made the frames yet.

That walnut and maple frame is absolutely gorgeous, I'm impressed :)

With your workshop, you can build a nice frame! Get to it!

That's the plan, just have to find some time to get 'er done.

@T_Chan where do you plan to frame your design cards? I have the sheet rolled up in my drawer because I can't find any suitable frames.

Maybe the best bet is going to a custom framing place. Michaels can probably do a custom job.

Michaels is probably a good place to get one made, plus they have tons of options. Mine will be quite basic as I want the artwork to stand out, not the frame.

I would not invite Bill back - he wins too much!

How do you have two winners in a season?

haha, those wins by Bill is just the way this guy likes it!

The first season when we didn't know what we were doing we had 2 guys play every other week and were a "team"

My brother commissioned an artist friend to hand draw my favorite nickname i made for my favorite hand.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 215
Not everyone’s cup of tea (Mrs. Sweater hates it) but I picked up an original lithograph from Alexander Calder:

A1837518-BE57-4A7A-A799-94F5B0B8F1B4.jpeg

That is AWESOME. Although, I spy no Windy Crest Chips :unsure:

EDIT - I FOUND THEM!!! :cool :nailbite::)
Haha yeah tough to see zoomed out but they are definitely in there. Top row right. Love having the cash AND tourney. Great chips honestly! T1000 is my favorite.

97678757-C8B4-4D00-AF85-D3C024703C0B.png

Last edited:

Just got a quote, for the sheet you sold me, from Michael's

$500

I've put the sheet in long term storage for now

Sucks because it would add so much beauty to my poker room! I won't give up though. I'll keep my eye out for a deal.
Have you guys looked at prefab frames? And potentially trimming the sheet to fit? Or adding a matte? That's what I did with the sheet I put up from makeplayingcards.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom