Poker Out Loud - Solve For Why (1 Viewer)

Cool concept. I feel like every new generation in poker thinks they are reinventing the wheel when in actuality there are just different ways of saying the same thing. None of these concepts are new but the verbiage (merge, range, polarized, etc) makes them seem novel. Having a word for everything does make it easier to teach though which is probably how these terms came about since there are dozens of poker training sites/resources now. The game does evolve but the core concepts are still the same.

These are all excerpts from S4Y TV's original programming. You can buy a subscription for it for $125 a month, and watch all 4 seasons in addition to hundreds of hours of strategy videos. I managed to get a free month when they were offering it in december and found it highly enjoyable. Each season is around 10 hours of content.

The first season is definitely my favorite. They weren't quite sure what they were doing yet and basically the entire table lost their minds. You can see some examples in the video titled top 10 hands of season 1. My favorite is that Chris Soto takes some dubious lines and gets stacked x4 and is down well over 6k and starts tilting. Since everyone is wearing noise cancelling headphones, the rest of the table is talking shit about him with him right there seething. Hes not the only one overplaying and spewing, either.

In later seasons they get much better quality players like Jesse sylvia to play and its very informative. For pure entertainment value though, season 1 might be my favorite poker related content ever.

These are all excerpts from S4Y TV's original programming. You can buy a subscription for it for $125 a month, and watch all 4 seasons in addition to hundreds of hours of strategy videos. I managed to get a free month when they were offering it in december and found it highly enjoyable. Each season is around 10 hours of content.

The first season is definitely my favorite. They weren't quite sure what they were doing yet and basically the entire table lost their minds. You can see some examples in the video titled top 10 hands of season 1. My favorite is that Chris Soto takes some dubious lines and gets stacked x4 and is down well over 6k and starts tilting. Since everyone is wearing noise cancelling headphones, the rest of the table is talking shit about him with him right there seething. Hes not the only one overplaying and spewing, either.

In later seasons they get much better quality players like Jesse sylvia to play and its very informative. For pure entertainment value though, season 1 might be my favorite poker related content ever.

Same here. I skipped Season 2 after watching 2 episodes. The girl and chewy tilted the shit out of me

Forget to mention that Poker Out Loud is the most entertaining & educational content for me. It’s just awesome and worth the time and even the money

I would never say anything bad about Kelly minkin so I cant get on board with you about her but I agree about Chewy. If you remember, he was in the rival house on the show 2 months 2 million!

I like the show, though I would be careful adopting some of these strategies in your live cash games haha. Some of these guys know each other really well, and I do think that some of the plays they make are kind of for the camera. A little bit too ridiculous at times imo.

By the way, are those majestics they are using? Thinking about picking some up myself

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom