Poker Night - Tournament and Cash Games (1 Viewer)

CGolf

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all - I’m looking for some advice on our poker night. Currently, I’ve been running a monthly poker night for about 4-5 months with 6 guys. We try to keep it light so we do a $25 buy-in cash game and so far everyone has loved it and had a great time.

We are looking at mixing it up every couple months by inviting a couple more guys to run a tournament (10-12 guys).

My thought is to have a $15 tournament buy-in where everyone also receives a bounty chip which gives them a free reload. Then, once 4-5 guys have been eliminated, we start a small $10-15 cash game on another table to keep those guys entertained while the tournament plays out (other guys can join as they become eliminated. This would keep the total cost to around $25-$30 which is what it currently is. Has anyone done a layout like this? Pros cons? Anything you would do different? Thanks all!

Hi all - I’m looking for some advice on our poker night. Currently, I’ve been running a monthly poker night for about 4-5 months with 6 guys. We try to keep it light so we do a $25 buy-in cash game and so far everyone has loved it and had a great time.

We are looking at mixing it up every couple months by inviting a couple more guys to run a tournament (10-12 guys).

My thought is to have a $15 tournament buy-in where everyone also receives a bounty chip which gives them a free reload. Then, once 4-5 guys have been eliminated, we start a small $10-15 cash game on another table to keep those guys entertained while the tournament plays out (other guys can join as they become eliminated. This would keep the total cost to around $25-$30 which is what it currently is. Has anyone done a layout like this? Pros cons? Anything you would do different? Thanks all!
This is what I do, just on a larger scale.

I start at 5 or 6pm and run two tables of cash. At 7:45 I pass out ziplock bags and everyone bags up their cash chips and intake tournament buy ins. 8pm we start the tournament. Once the first table breaks the cash game starts again. The second cash table is live once the tournament is over.

Works great. Gets asses in seats for cash and everyone has a great time.

When we mixed cash and tournaments we for the longest time played the tourney then cash, I have recently switched that to having the tournament last, once you bust out of the tournament you can head home instead of waiting for more people to bust out to start the cash game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom