Poker may help launch the Metaverse? (1 Viewer)

Eloe2000

Straight Flush
Reaction score
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...Virdpv&utm_medium=social&utm_source=instagram

E03D9EB2-E536-48E4-A82B-8E9136E13D8A.jpeg

Glad you went on record. Thread title had me thinking you were roaming the metaverse.

I will be honest, I didn't even realize "the Metaverse" was a "virtual world". I honestly just thought it was what Facebook was calling its collective group of products/services these days. Article was an interesting read though.

Also, the post title was intentional as Betteridge's Law of Headlines states that: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

@Eloe2000 Exactly why are we hating the metaverse? I am completely clueless about this, just was thinking it might very well be an interesting development

@Eloe2000 Exactly why are we hating the metaverse? I am completely clueless about this, just was thinking it might very well be an interesting development

I think that human welfare, and happiness in particular, has suffered due to the increased time spent and focus on online relationships and decreased attention on direct human interaction and real world experience. Also, in regard to Facebook, I feel that the company has willfully manipulated society to its detriment.

Last edited:
I think that human welfare, and happiness in particular, has suffered due to the increased time spent and focus on online relationships and decreased attention on direct human interaction and real world experience. Also, in regard to Facebook, I feel that the company has willfully manipulated society to its detriment.
I’m sorry, but the real culprit is air conditioning. Without it we wouldn’t stay in our houses for hours on end in front of small heaters with video screens in them.

We’d get outside and meet the other people outside. There’s a reason people used to spend time on their front porches.

This was brilliant. I don't know what this metaverse is really, nor do I care, but this had me laughing :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I don’t really know either. I posted the original article just because of the relevance to poker. But Primetime Stein here has life figured out. There really should be a highlight show of town hall meeting superstars like this.

I’m sorry, but the real culprit is air conditioning. Without it we wouldn’t stay in our houses for hours on end in front of small heaters with video screens in them.

We’d get outside and meet the other people outside. There’s a reason people used to spend time on their front porches.
You’re literally insane. I live in Arizona bro.

Goddamn electricity fucking up every goddamn thing. What happened to campfires and connecting with your fellow humans while trying to hunt for food to survive and avoid getting eaten by dinosaurs?

Goddamn electricity fucking up every goddamn thing. What happened to campfires and connecting with your fellow humans while trying to hunt for food to survive and avoid getting eaten by dinosaurs?
Ahhh, the good ole days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom