Poker League Plaque? (1 Viewer)

legonick

Straight
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good plaques for poker leagues?

It'd be cool to have a plaque with say 4 slots, so maybe something like 4x4 or 2x8, so you could do something like this:

Code:
SEASON 1   |   SEASON 2   |   SEASON 3   |   SEASON 4
Josh C.    |   Matt T.    |   Adam L.    |   Mike C.
Adam L.    |   David G.   |   David G.   |   Mike E.
Jeff M.    |   Patrick F. |   Tim W.     |   Jeff L.

Or:

Code:
SEASON 1   |   SEASON 3
Josh C.    |   Adam L.
Adam L.    |   David G.
Jeff M.    |   Tim W.
SEASON 2   |   SEASON 4
Matt T.    |   Mike C.
David G.   |   Mike E.
Patrick F. |   Jeff L.

Of course you'd need to be able to update it whenever.

For now, since I don't really have a league name or anything like that, but I like tracking stat.s, I'll go the cheesy route, and just print out a nice sheet with the top 3 (with special fanfare) and the entire league ranking for the season, and slap that in a nice paper display stand.

I was also thinking about going the medal route, but I think people would rather have the nice "permanent" place on a plaque - although it seems like most people only do the "season champion". But if seasons are years, it'd take a long time to fill up a whole plaque board! A 3x4 board is 12 YEARS. And how does one make it look nice?

"Season 1 - Joe S."
"Season 1
Joe S."

No season, just the name, and you count to figure out the season?

And I feel like it's kind of a bummer for those who make 2nd...no recognition! And what happens if the host takes 1st? Slapping yourself on your own plaque, especially if it's a 1st place only deal, really seems kind of lame, LOL.

Reactions: SPR
I think the recognition is really earned by the person who comes first. I would recommend a physical plaque display the winner and then you could have a website with the more detailed info. Kind of like a HoF.

We use a perpetual trophy from Flying W. Champion of the season gets his name and season # engraved on it and holds onto the trophy until a new champion is declared. I think the one we have has 24 plates on it so it will last quite awhile. You could probably fit more than one name/finishing position on the plate if you wanted to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom