Poker label alternatives (1 Viewer)

Av8tion

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
After listening to the deafening sound of silence for nearly two weeks, it's time for me to explore some alternatives...

Does anyone have any experience with buying laminated vinyl labels? I know vistaprint and a few other sticker companies make vinyl labels... but are any of them laminated? Pros/Cons about the cost vs quality?

What happened?
No answer to emails or PCF messages... so I'm looking to see if there are any other viable options for finishing off these chips... after working 6-7 hours a day for nearly 2 weeks peeling off the labels on these things it kinda hurts to be stuck in this "so close yet so far" purgatory...

No answer to emails or PCF messages... so I'm looking to see if there are any other viable options for finishing off these chips... after working 6-7 hours a day for nearly 2 weeks peeling off the labels on these things it kinda hurts to be stuck in this "so close yet so far" purgatory...
From Gear? He's probably busy, he has a large workload. You should wait, he has pretty much the only good labels for relabeling clay chips.

Gear took a few weeks to get my small order done. Exactly what I expected. But, yes, ABC/BRPro is another option.

From Gear? He's probably busy, he has a large workload. You should wait, he has pretty much the only good labels for relabeling clay chips.
No workload is too large to not just send a quick "yeah I'm here and working on it... I'll get back to you in xxx days/a week/etc...." instead I've gotten nothing... not even a message that he received my input on his last proof or its feasibility... just an empty inbox...

No workload is too large to not just send a quick "yeah I'm here and working on it... I'll get back to you in xxx days/a week/etc...." instead I've gotten nothing... not even a message that he received my input on his last proof or its feasibility... just an empty inbox...
Gear is a great guy. I’ve had times when he doesn’t answer me for a week or two as well. He also has a bunch of design work, and probably has tens of PMs in his inbox, while he’s doing label work and other important things.

Gear is a great guy. I’ve had times when he doesn’t answer me for a week or two as well. He also has a bunch of design work, and probably has tens of PMs in his inbox, while he’s doing label work and other important things.
It can be frustrating though when you don't get a response. But, I also agree, that it's known he gets super busy and might have missed a few PMs.

I don’t know if I’d say the quality itself isn’t as good - but it’s a different style for sure. Imo gear cannot be beat but by no means are the ABC labels worse quality. I’d run either, but when it comes to labels I don’t mind the wait for chips I love and plan on keeping for a while. Personal preference. If you want em quick you can’t go wrong with ABC. Don’t think you’d be disappointed.

Can vouch for them as well. They do a great job with labels. Big fan!!!

My labels for various Royals came out nice. Maybe a little thin, but artwork was clear.

I'd be curious to compare them to my gear labels when they arrive. Also, I only used black from ABC, so perhaps gear's color reproductions are better

I'd say ABC labels are better for cheap chips and CCs, whereas Gears are unmatched for clays and Hybrids.

I would wait for @Gear. His weakness is now is he is getting so popular he doesn't have time to respond. Probably a good problem to have but can ultimately cost him some money and future business.

Maybe he can employ someone to do that for him as his business expands.

I'm a big fan and I hope you get to work with him in the end.

I don’t know if I’d say the quality itself isn’t as good - but it’s a different style for sure. Imo gear cannot be beat but by no means are the ABC labels worse quality. I’d run either, but when it comes to labels I don’t mind the wait for chips I love and plan on keeping for a while. Personal preference. If you want em quick you can’t go wrong with ABC. Don’t think you’d be disappointed.
The question I'd have (since we're all discussing it right now) is, can ABC do the textured, laminated labels that Gear does? Because now that I've reached the age of reading glasses, minor differences in print quality might not even be noticeable to me. Honestly if I was ordering thin vinyl labels, I'd probably give anybody a shot. But one of the things that sets gear apart (as far as I know) is some of the stocks he has to offer.

The question I'd have (since we're all discussing it right now) is, can ABC do the textured, laminated labels that Gear does? Because now that I've reached the age of reading glasses, minor differences in print quality might not even be noticeable to me. Honestly if I was ordering thin vinyl labels, I'd probably give anybody a shot. But one of the things that sets gear apart (as far as I know) is some of the stocks he has to offer.
They do have a texture laminate but it is not the same as Gears. It’s more of a pebble type texture. This, along with Gears ability to crush matching inlays with existing ones, makes him so damn good.

Good to know there's some alternatives out there... something for me to keep in consideration...

You are correct, and I've dropped the ball here. I've replied to our conversation with some new mockups. I'm really sincerely sorry for keeping you (or anyone) waiting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom