Poker in THE DARKROOM! (1 Viewer)

justsomedude

Straight Flush
Reaction score
For quite some time I've wanted to name my card room, but for years I just couldn't come up with something that I really liked. Back in 2017 another photographer member came up with "the Fstop," and even though he gave me permission, I just didn't feel comfortable hijacking his title. Then I toyed around with "The Aperture" name for some time, but it just didn't roll off the tongue the way I wanted it to.

So, without further adieu, I present PCF with: The Darkroom
(can't believe it took me so long to come up with this)

I saw a recent thread about customs where some one posted something along the lines of, "don't make a set of chips just because you need them, come up with a name or theme that needs a set of chips!" And to me, this name is just screaming for a set of chips !!!

I've started the preliminary work with @Johnny5, and already have a commemorative chip for my Annual Poker BBQ. It has red, yellow, and green spots for ketchup, mustard, and relish. :)

Follow along for games, happenings, ridiculousness, poker, chips, and updates.

Welcome to THE DARKROOM!

thedarkroom.jpg

1580506039495.png

Last edited:
For quite some time I've wanted to name my card room, but for years I just couldn't come up with something that I really liked. Back in 2017 another photographer member came up with "the Fstop," but I just didn't feel comfortable hijacking his title. Then I toyed around with "The Aperture" name for some time,, but it just didn't roll off the tongue the way I wanted it to.

So, without further adieu, I present PCF with: The Dark Room
(can't believe it took me so long to come up with this)

I saw a recent thread about customs where some one posted something along the lines of, "don't make a set of chips just because you need them, come up with a name or theme that needs a set of chips!" And to me, this name is just screaming for a set of chips !!!

I've started the preliminary work with @Johnny5, and already have a commemorative chip for my annual BBQ. It has red, yellow, and green spots for ketchup, mustard, relish. :)

Follow along for games, happenings, ridiculousness, poker, chips, and updates.

Welcome to THE DARK ROOM!

View attachment 400779

View attachment 400778
In for samples (not a sandwich)

Looking forward to the reveal when it happens, got a feeling this will be a good one!

Great name. I hope you do at least one black light game.

The Aperture looked fantastic and I don't get why you didn't go ahead with it.
Anyway, the Darkroom is also a sweet idea, provided all the labels are black, IMHO.
Kudos from a former fellow photographer (of the film years):)

Super Hold'em, IMHO, becomes playable with a min 2 hole cards useable (NOT 1 or 0) and just 4 board cards (two-card flop; some would argue for a two-card river, instead).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom