Poker Hoody (1 Viewer)

Toby

Full House
Reaction score
Don't appear to be any threads about the Poker Hoody...

Who's got one? Thoughts? Pros? Cons?

I'm on the hunt for back-up table solutions. Figured a PH or two in reserve might not go amiss, plus bonus points for the portable solution...

Anyone had one for a while? How's it holding up under repeated use?

Thanks for your insights in advance!

I've had one for a while, it works great. Mine is two sided, green and blue.

I would definitely recommend them -- just make sure you get the right size for your table.

Oh, and don't be surprised if it initially seems bigger than it should. The first thing I had to do was pull the drawstrings and work with it to draw it tighter and make it smaller. Think of it like a huge pair of pajama pants, with the waist initially out as far as it can go.

I would definitely recommend them -- just make sure you get the right size for your table.

Oh, and don't be surprised if it initially seems bigger than it should. The first thing I had to do was pull the drawstrings and work with it to draw it tighter and make it smaller. Think of it like a huge pair of pajama pants, with the waist initially out as far as it can go.

Thanks for the tip! I might just use one for huge pajama pants as well! :)

@Fleming how long have you had yours? Do it see a lit of action? How's the wear and tear?

We use one for our office game. The fabric pills and you can't slide cards like the neoprene toppers. But it protects the furniture. Also for whatever reason it gets rank and someone has to take it home and wash every so often.

I suggest getting one of the toppers. You can cut them down if you need.

I have one of the neoprene toppers designed for 60" round tables that are sold at Sam's Club and such stores.

It works great, cards slide easily. It is reversible and the draw strings hold it in place well.

I forget who was selling them on the Blue Wall, but I paid $100 for it and feel it is well worth it.

I have one for an 8' oval table. I found the drawstring difficult to work with, so I use a carpet pad under it and set it on top of that to keep it from sliding. It has worked fine, but is rarely used since that is my third table.

Here's an idea that cost about the same but I like better. I bought a neoprene pad for my table. Look online and a few companies make them. I did either 2mm or 3mm. I put that on top of the table, and put a neoprene topper on top of that. I have a black pad and toppers in more than one color. Even the black topper can be distinguished from the pad. It creates a nice padded surface and has a betting ring. I have a 94" and an 82" table.

One thing I'd do different on the neoprene pad (as opposed to the topper) is I'd get it longer than the table itself. I was concerned about it hanging over but now wish it hung over on all 4 sides.

I put a strip of Velcro on a 5' dowel rod and another strip on the bottom side of one end of the neoprene pad. I can roll it

One attached pic to see what the pad looks like with a topper on it. There are 6 setups of bridge-size cards on the topper.

One attached pic shows a pad on top of our dining room table.

One attached pic shows the pads rolled around a 5' dowel rod and secured with 3 Velcro straps. I put them in a closet. Rolling and unrolling takes less than a minute.

Attachments

• 20170827 Pad Topper Cards.jpg
    20170827 Pad Topper Cards.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 235
  • 20170827 Pad.jpg
    20170827 Pad.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 20170827 Pads Rolled.jpg
    20170827 Pads Rolled.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 220
I have one for an 8' oval table. I found the drawstring difficult to work with, so I use a carpet pad under it and set it on top of that to keep it from sliding. It has worked fine, but is rarely used since that is my third table.

Here's an idea that cost about the same but I like better. I bought a neoprene pad for my table. Look online and a few companies make them. I did either 2mm or 3mm. I put that on top of the table, and put a neoprene topper on top of that. I have a black pad and toppers in more than one color. Even the black topper can be distinguished from the pad. It creates a nice padded surface and has a betting ring. I have a 94" and an 82" table.

One thing I'd do different on the neoprene pad (as opposed to the topper) is I'd get it longer than the table itself. I was concerned about it hanging over but now wish it hung over on all 4 sides.

I put a strip of Velcro on a 5' dowel rod and another strip on the bottom side of one end of the neoprene pad. I can roll it

One attached pic to see what the pad looks like with a topper on it. There are 6 setups of bridge-size cards on the topper.

One attached pic shows a pad on top of our dining room table.

One attached pic shows the pads rolled around a 5' dowel rod and secured with 3 Velcro straps. I put them in a closet. Rolling and unrolling takes less than a minute.

Thanks for the tips!

It looks like eBay might be a good shout for neoprene by the metre. I'll shop around, see what I can source.

How much did you pay for your topper btw? I've been looking for vendors supplying the UK but prices seem to be $50+ for an oval, which seems steep for a neoprene cutting with rudimentary printing...

I have had one for a couple of years and fits nicely over my table but, as stated the draw strings can be a pain. I leave them tight for my table and then connect them under the table to ensure they never move. Other then that I really like it and it works really well.

Toby, I got my table pad (not the oval part) at a place that sells neoprene. They were around $100 each. The neoprene toppers I've paid from about $16-45. They've gone up from when I first bought one

If having something printed on it, even if it's just the betting circle, is not something you want, then a plain piece of neoprene would do the job nicely. Neoprene can be purchased in different thicknesses. I like having 2 pieces. With the non slip back, they don't move around. But if you didn't want 2 pieces you could get one thicker piece.

Neoprene is not hard to cut, and if you have the skills, you could custom cut yourself. I originally thought I'd cut the sides to fit my table, but I don't see a disadvantage to letting it just hang off like a table cloth.

I have had PH for 5+ years, my findings;

Wrinkles that arrive from the factory don't truly come out but they haven't affected play.
Cards still slide well
Have had to replace drawstrings a couple of times, a PITA
Overall, I think they are great for a second or third table option, even better if you put it on and leave it alone.

How much did you pay for your topper btw? I've been looking for vendors supplying the UK but prices seem to be $50+ for an oval, which seems steep for a neoprene cutting with rudimentary printing...
There are usually several on eBay listed for $40 or less, shipped. Dunno how much (or if) to ship one to the Shire.

$33 -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/35-x-70-Rub...ng-Mat-Poker-Cover-Rollout-Felt-/222563421402
$40 -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brybelly-Sure-Stick-Rubber-Foam-Poker-Table-Top-Layout-Red-/401284743894

I'd be glad to purchase one for you and re-ship, if that turns out to be your cheapest option.

There are usually several on eBay listed for $40 or less, shipped. Dunno how much (or if) to ship one to the Shire.

$33 -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/35-x-70-Rub...ng-Mat-Poker-Cover-Rollout-Felt-/222563421402
$40 -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brybelly-Sure-Stick-Rubber-Foam-Poker-Table-Top-Layout-Red-/401284743894

I'd be glad to purchase one for you and re-ship, if that turns out to be your cheapest option.

Thanks, Dave! I'll log on and take a look at the shipping options they offer...

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out that it wasn't...
I'll admit it. When the thread was started it took me until post #5 to realize it was a table topper and not a hoody made for poker players.

Until then I thought people were a bit strange talking about wear and tear and performance and Fleming's post had me wondering how big the fucking hood actually was...

My up to 54" poker hoody had been lost for several years. Just found it today when I was looking for some Christmas lights.

I am using my old 48" table as my desktop setup in the garage. I'd like to get a 54" table to have more room plus get one that folds, but I fear that it won't fit the table. That happened when I had the smaller hoody that was supposed to fit up to 48" and it didn't. The table was just a hair too thick.

Does anyone have the 54" blue one (see pic above) and can tell me if it will fit a 54" table that is 2" thick?

When I used to host one of my tourney tables in my (rectangular) dining room, I made a simple but very usable topper myself as follows:

* Bought three yards of closed-cell foam from a local distributor. This can also be found online. IIRC it was 1/4" thick.

* Cut the foam to the table size.

* Got three yards of the same material I used for my main (super-elliptical) table to the foam using 3M 77 spray adhesive from Home Depot. I cut the fabric to a size where it would hang over the table edge about 5 inches, like a tablecloth.

My recollection is that I sprayed one side of closed-cell foam, set it aside, then put the the fabric face down on the table, sprayed that too, then had a friend help me carefully lower the foam onto the fabric. Then flipped it over, made sure there were no air pockets, and covered it with heavy books for 24 hours.

At some point later I also adhered a piece of Naugahyde or other lightly-textured faux leather to the underside, since the foam would pick up dust/grit and also tends to slip a little.

This all probably cost about $50, and the topper lasted for years before I stopped using the dining room for poker.

The one issue was that closed-cell foam does not seem to like being tightly rolled for long periods. It can get ripples in it. These will usually flatten back out over time, but I found it better to put a few grommets on one edge and hang it on a basement wall.

i not sure how there quality is;, i did contact them (multiple times) in 2020 (covid era) but never got a response back after a few attempts i lost interest

Blast from the past.

I have one of these still sitting around the house somewhere.

It was perfect for road games.

I used to take it to a game that was in a nearby town. We'd play after hours in the back of a Chinese restaurant. The mayor played in the game. Fun times.

Here’s an old (low-res) pic of the topper I mentioned above.

The slight apparent lumpiness in a couple places is from the irregular surface of the antique table underneath. The topper itself laid flat. Cards moved well.

1686267428308.png

A customer called me not long ago asking for something similar for sale since apparently Poker Hoody is out of business?

Blast from the past.

I have one of these still sitting around the house somewhere.

It was perfect for road games.

I used to take it to a game that was in a nearby town. We'd play after hours in the back of a Chinese restaurant. The mayor played in the game. Fun times.

Agree. I am planning to take a folding table and hoody to my annual OBX trip.

Slim chance someone can confirm. I'm going to shop at some furniture stores for a 54" table and ask if I can put my Poker Hoody over it. Can't wait for reactions. Wish me luck.

The 32"-48" I bought off of eBay I got at auction for $.01 thanks to the not so smart starting price. Now shipping was $19.99, but what a steal.

If you go on Etsy, there are people who make this kind of thing out of their homes. Could probably find one willing to use speedcloth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom